I love back blogging.

Monday, June 30, 2008
It's sort of like reliving the past and helping the fun last even longer! I promise to try and update a little more often, though, and update myself on what's going on in everyone else's lives a little more, too.

You may or may not know that I have currently reached the pinnacle of my career as well as church calling aspirations, by being selected to serve as the *gasp* girl's camp nurse! I have been waiting for this day since I graduated from the Lord's University almost 4 years ago.

It was seriously awesome. I totally bawled at testimony meeting, read ,like, 5 books and pigged out on smores the whole time. Girl's camp is way better when you can sit around with your feet up under a mister, read a book, put a band aid on every once in a while and sort of have no responsibility for a week (except for the occasional 5 AM wake up call for the homesick 12 year old).

(Just a little disclaimer- I didn't bawl at testimony meeting- and I only read 1 book, but it was a long one. I did, however, take the girl's on a snipe hunt after which my eyes watered for a day due to toothpaste residue that we rubbed under our eyes {to keep the snipes away}. It was pretty much the best thing I've done all summer.)


The girl's had to learn a dance to perform at camp. Again- one of the advantages of being camp nurse- no pesky dances to teach or learn. I totally enjoyed watching all the dances, though.
The smokin hot leaders from our ward. I, on the other hand, looked terrible all week without my blow dryer and mascara.
My personal spa at Turner Falls- one of the most beautiful places I have been to in Oklahoma. (Maybe the only place I have been to in Oklahoma... hmmm...)


The girls from our ward- taking pictures by the latrines, of course.
One of the little falls along our 5 mile hike (which, I think, actually ended up being only 3 miles).
Me and Syd- the best babysitter in the world (Dave is in love). Oh, and glow bracelets.The only other thing I have left to say is that, albeit fun, I was wounded at girl's camp. I received my first wasp sting (ever) while unsuspectingly trying to sneak into the men's showers (all the men were gone and the women's were full) after our day at Lake Murray. Wasp stings aren't actually all that bad. Better than I expected to be honest. It felt like I got slugged in the arm really hard for about 20 minutes. I feared the worst of course (anaphalaxis- my throat swelling shut in the middle of Nowhere, Oklahoma) then everything was fine, I took some motrin and never thought of it again. Wasps! Pssshhaw! I can totally take em.

This guy on the other hand...

Let's just say I checked my sleeping bag thoroughly every night before I crawled in.


9 people are wicked awesome. to I love back blogging.:

Cassandra said...

Looks like loads of fun!
I went as the lifeguard one year - the year that the only swimming they did happened at a community pool with lifeguards, lol. Good year.

barb said...

perfect. even more reading to get done:)

em said...

ugh...that SPIDER!!! sounds like you had a blast and makes me kinda sad that i can never be camp nurse. man. my degree is useless, i tell ya.

markrystal said...

I don't think I'd be able to sleep after seeing that spider AHHH!!! Looks like you had a blast...I always loved girls camp back in the day!

Beth said...

Cute pictures.. brings back lots of fun memories :) And YOU look as young as all of those girls. geesh. Do you age at all????

Josh and Gloriana said...

i want to go to girls camp! i just got called as the R.S. secretary- definitely not as fun...boo

Amy said...

I love girls camp...but I could totally do without the big bugs and scorpions here. YUCK!

Erin said...

how totally awesome! I want to go to girls camp again! I never get invited... :) i think its cause I am old, and have no needed talent like you. oh and thanks for showing that spider now I never want to to come to texas again...or was that spider in OK?

Garcia's said...

So fun! Thanks for sharing your stories.