I was injured... injured bad.

Sunday, January 04, 2009
I'm not flipping you off (it's my fourth finger, anyway). And I'm not doing anything weird with masking tape or plastic baggies. I just had to show you how my hand showered the other day.

It's true. I had my first flesh wound that required medical intervention. I was making tamales with the leftover Christmas turkey. Dave started to gag (like he was going to throw up), and I turned around to watch Mike tend to him, when all of a sudden it wasn't just chilis I was chopping.

It's not the worst wound I've ever seen, but still pretty sweet to have a stitch through the bed of my fingernail. Hope you are all having a fabulous New Year filled with lots of resolutions and plans for the year. As for me, I'm trying to eat more mexican food. Tamales, anyone?






13 people are wicked awesome. to I was injured... injured bad.:

Leanne said...

Oh my gosh!! You poor thing. I didn't even notice it today. And can I say I'm super impressed that you were making tamales. Will you teach me?

Kaitlin Hakes said...

Ohh Barb! That looks bad! I saw the bandage today and wondered what had happened. Sorry:(

ang said...

yikes!!!!

Unknown said...

Ouch! I am having a flash back to when I cut the tip off my middle finger. I think my finger is actually throbbing in empathy right now!

em said...

I'm pretty sure that qualifies you for a job at our local Taco Bell.

The one where the homeless guy peed on the floor next to the soda machine.

The dental students who eat there would MUCH prefer a fingertip in their tamales than worms in their broccoli at the Chinese place next door.

Erin said...

I cannot believe that happened to you! I think I might have passed out, but then again I'm not a studdly nurse like you. WOW!!!

markrystal said...

Crazy Barb....oh soo crazy...that's it, you're not allowed to hold knives at my house or your own anymore!!!! And you know what that means..take out every night..yeah baby, it was worth the pain wasn't it:)

Amanda said...

Ouch!

Jenny said...

Wow Barbie. You ARE wicked awesome! Seriously. I hope your finger is better soon, and does not turn black and fall off.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! How long till you can shower properly!!! : )

Anonymous said...

Oh my! How long till you can shower properly!!! : )

andi said...

Eew eew eew...you just dent chills up my spine!! But bravo for your culinary artistry :)

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see the weapon of choice.