Wordless Wednesday: Peanut

Wednesday, February 04, 2009
So cliche to be posting the ultrasound picture, but I couldn't help but be amazed again at the miraculous way life is created when we saw our little peanut today.
By the way- does anyone have any thoughts about peeing into cups? I was noticing today that I never seem to do it in a neat and tidy fashion. Is that even possible for a woman? Maybe you all have some tips that I don't know about.
Happy Wednesday!

20 people are wicked awesome. to Wordless Wednesday: Peanut:

Leanne said...

Oh, what a sweet little peanut. As far as the peeing, just keep the babies coming and you will get good eventually. Or maybe you just stop caring. From the moment you find you are pregnant the dignity just kind of goes out the window. Conversations about poop and hemorrhoids are fair game where once they would have been taboo. People want to poke and prod and spread. Very intrusive stuff. Peeing gracefully seems like the least of it if you ask me.

Amy said...

I think that is so awesome you are pregnant! Congrats! I feel bad that we haven't seen your neck of the woods in forever...we need to come for a visit soon. I think they need to put a nifty little handle on the cup...like a mug..then we could keep it sanitary!

Brit said...

Hooray!!! Congratulations girly! How are you feeling? I can't wait to hear what you're having!!!! Keep us posted!

em said...

I've had the same thoughts on inter-cup peeing. My solution wasn't perfect, and really didn't work well the last trimester (but by then, who really cares anymore?) but was the best I could do, especially with an inquisitive toddler usually present while I was leaving my sample (can't nurses babysit for just a minute??)...

...the paper towel shield.

Before you cop the squat, wrap a paper towel around the cup with enough hanging over to shield your hand and the side of the cup. Then--and this is the tricky part during the last trimester--start your stream, gauge its location, stop the stream, and place the cup.

That's all the advice I can give. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but the majority of the pee ends up in the cup instead of on your hand, with minimal cup-wiping to boot.

Have fun. And congrats on the nut!! (A little relieved to see just one nut in there!)

Kaitlin Hakes said...

I love that first ultrasound:) What a wonderful feeling! You should have seen the last clinic I went to they made me pee in a cup and then pour it into a small tub, all in the bathroom. This was a government place so there was pee all over the place!! I thought I was going to throw up every time I went in there.

Bingham Bunch said...

How fun! Glad it is you.....AND very happy for you. Dave is very excited--he mentions it EVERY Sunday in primary. He is going to be the BEST big brother ever. If you manage to get anything in the cup, it is a job well done ;o).

Amanda said...

So, is this your way of announcing because I had no idea you are prego - Congrats! I am so excited! I can never pee ina cup without getting it on myself - disgusting. People always say your own stuff doesn't gross you out - well it probably doesn't gorss me out as much as someone else's would, but it is still gross. I'm with Amy, there should be a handle.

Ashley said...

Yay! Congrats to your family!

Unknown said...

So cute! It really does look like a peanut at this stage doesn't it.
I'm actually a good cup pee'er, I almost never get any on my hands. I hold the top rim and bottom rim with my thumb on top and fingers on the bottom, them place the cup as close to myself as I can, usually touching my skin. It seems to work unless I have crazy spray. Hope that helps.

ang said...

congratulations - so exciting! i use the "pee for a sec then stop mid-stream, place the cup, and continue peeing" method also. seems to work. i don't ever recall peeing on myself. i do remember going to set the cup on the counter once and coming up short, which resulted in spilling pee all over my hand. nice.

MG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MG said...

Hmm. Weird. I've never had any problems peeing in a cup.

Julia said...

Yay! Congrats! And the peeing in the cup thing...I rarely get it right either!

Linds said...

BARB!! That's SO exciting!! We're So happy for you guys!!! :)

Josh and Gloriana said...

I have been waiting for you to post this! Yay!!!!!! So excited for you! So funny that you and Andi are pregnant at the same time- I love that your kids are going to play together like you guys did. Hope you are feeling well :) love you

Deanna said...

Congrats!!! I too hate peeing in a cup and am just grateful that we do it in the bathroom so we can wash hands right after. Now if I could only find a way to do it with out an audience of 3 kids....

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I about fell off the chair when Mike spilled the news. I screamed for Jason to come look. :) We look forward to meeting the new little miss or mister. love to you all.

Erin said...

I think your peeing in a cup skills improve over the 40 weeks you have to do it. I was so good at it by the end.

Erin said...

oh and by the way....so excited for another barbie+mike baby.

Beth said...

Congratulations!!!!! :) I haven't been so good at blogs lately so it had been a while since I'd seen yours - I was excited to see the ultrasound picture!!! And, did I just read ANDI is prego too... ???? I have to run on over to her blog now.... ;)

CONGRATS. You DO make cute peanuts....