I figured since I'm now a full time milker I should probably update the ol' blog. I've got 12 weeks of devoted time and only going back to work once a week (most likely) will be helpful in me reaching my blogging goals. Who knows- maybe I'll even start checking in on my friend's blogs again. I blame facebook for my neglect, but I promise to do better.
So let me turn over a new leaf with the telling of the birth story of one lil' Mushroom (Dave's choice of name for his new baby brother). As many of you know after many long hours of labor Dave finally emerged through a small incision made in my belly. As the due date of the second child grew nearer, the doc began expecting another large boy- so we decided just to go ahead and schedule another C-section on the little fella's actual due date. It is very weird to go to the hospital just knowing you are going to get your baby out in, oh, 20 minutes or so.
Simultaneously weird is the idea that they are going to take the child out of your body while you are awake, like some sort of med school experiment gone awry.


And so little brother was born, 9lbs 1oz- amazingly the exact same weight as his big brother (though his brother had a half inch on him). He is a sweet little baby with a nice healthy cry. So far his hobbies include suckling, pooping and peeing whenever his little hiney feels the free air, and of course sleeping. I think he's going to make us famous and filthy rich someday.


And so little brother was born, 9lbs 1oz- amazingly the exact same weight as his big brother (though his brother had a half inch on him). He is a sweet little baby with a nice healthy cry. So far his hobbies include suckling, pooping and peeing whenever his little hiney feels the free air, and of course sleeping. I think he's going to make us famous and filthy rich someday.



9 people are wicked awesome. to Welcome Li'l brotha!:
YAY for baby, for posting, for pictures! I love the little guy already- he and my baby boy need to be best friends!
Oh Barbie! I'm so glad things went well! He is just beautiful! I have been dying to pop over and take a peek but with Andy working far away and my having a serious problem with bringing big kids to visit little babies, I just have to wait!
Congratulations!
Darling! I am glad that everything went well with the c-section. I hope you have a speedy recovery. I feel like with my #2 I was moving around and doing more faster, but the overall recovery time was about the same. And both my boys weighed the same too! Yay for brothers!!!
HI LITTLE BROTHA! Can't wait to meet him! I have no doubt he'll make you filthy, but rich and famous?? Hmm. Let's hope so :)
I'm looking forward to more frequent updates (but I can't say I blame you...FB is SO GREAT!).
Congratulations. Can't wait to meet little mushroom. You have such a sweet family.
Congrats Barb! I'm so happy for you guys and am glad everyone's healthy!
Congrrats guys!!
babies are good. and small. except for the one in indonesia (or wherever it is, and I'm too lazy to look it up.)
i think it was indonesia. i'm curious as to how they delivered that child.
Post a Comment