Sweet San Antone

Monday, August 27, 2007
Bandera is about 30 miles northwest of San Antonio- the most likely candidate for my favorite city in Texas. We had to stop, if for nothing else, to let Mike check out the Alamo. I was really sad that we didn't get to stroll the Riverwalk and have some wicked awesome Mexican food (they have the awesomest!), but we were in a hurry to get back to see Jacob some before he heads back off to school.

I am a sucker for signs and sayings like this. I adore old churches and missions, historical sites- etc. The Alamo was a Spanish mission converted into fortress, so the restored downtown area has an old European feel... very romantic.
We also stopped off the freeway to see the San Antonio Temple, which was gorgeous. The stained glass is awesome.

Mike took the scenic drive home. It's sad that he already knows his way around Texas better than me, but he has driven a lot with the work he has done since we moved here. We drove through Marble Falls, a really cute town situated along the Colorado River- and we ate lunch at Chili's out on the breezy (but still caliente) patio. It was worth getting a little sweaty to eat overlooking such a pretty view.

2 people are wicked awesome. to Sweet San Antone:

Erin said...

I wanna go to alamo some day...looks cool, I mean hot.

also, I love your music on your site...its just like you. it reminds me of living with you back in the day. miss you

Jenny said...

BARBIE! Don't you love San An?! :) You look fabulous!