Mom is great. She makes us chocolate cake.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

I was up til 330 AM again- doing what else but decorating cake. Is it wrong to feed your child chocolate cake when he requests it for breakfast? I didn't have enough sleep to argue. And I fed him yogurt afterwards...

The longest part of the job (also the messiest) was making these bad boys. I spared one for the congratulations 'honeymoon' cake (below) to be saved until appropriately freezer burned, exactly one year from now (or at least a couple of days).

The cake was transported by a family member of the bride, so I don't have any pictures of it fully assembled yet. I know you're heartbroken. Sorry.
Dave took one look at my war torn hands this morning and boldly proclaimed,
Mama, these are pink!


Keen observation, son. And might I add that they will be for a long, long time.







7 people are wicked awesome. to Mom is great. She makes us chocolate cake.:

Cassandra said...

Kickin' cake!

Erin said...

i want some too! looks so tasty. do you think dave will share?

andi said...

And also wonderful.

ang said...

oh that looks so nice! do you have an easy recipe for chocolate cake?

Cassandra said...

I make chocolate cake and my mom eats it for breakfast. Backwards, perhaps?

Colleen said...

What a cool talent! Love the rosebuds.

em said...

I hope the pink fingees are the extent of the damage. I bet it looked amazing all put together! You rock. And not just at wedding cakes.