Monday, January 28, 2008

We got a few phone calls about President Hinckley's passing late last night, as I'm sure many of you did. I imagined the phone calls spreading like crazy all over the country last night. I was a little disappointed that CNN didn't mention anything on their hourly news updates, but there was an article by the New York Times this morning that was positive and pretty thorough about his life. I didn't realize that he had dedicated 95 of the 124 temples that belong to the LDS church!
When I was in nursing school one of my classmates was getting off an all night shift at LDS Hospital and ran into President Hinckley getting off the elevator. He shook her hand and wished her a good morning- and although no one would expect him to act any differently- I think it's just cool that he was always that way. He was the kind of person that, although you had never met him, made you feel like he was speaking directly to you. The care he had for other people was apparent in everything he did, and in that way the message he taught of Christ was all the more inspiring. His life was modeled after the Savior's and he inspired others to do the same. He will be missed.

1 people are wicked awesome. to :

Amy said...

We heard the news last night, too. I am not as sad as I thought I would be because I am so excited for him to be with his wife again. Thanks for the post!