True Stories of the ER: Kozy Shack (it up).

Tuesday, June 24, 2008
This is a little late in coming (as all things seem to be on my blog these days), but I finally switched to day shift. And what a difference it makes (lit'rally). It is so nice to sleep at night- every night. I have found myself wondering for these past three weeks why I didn't make this switch long ago (though I still miss my nocturnal friends!).

My night friends threw a little "going away" party for me on my last night- complete with roast beef sandwiches, pickles and pie (apparently someone has been observing my eating habits this past 2 and a half years). The going away gift happened to be my favorite, though. It was an extra large container of creamy and delicious Kozy Shack rice pudding.


In other news- Mike got a scholarship for his last year of school! He's gotten straight A's (little smarty) and we're coming up on the grad school home stretch. We're now accepting bets on where we'll live (AKA- where Mike gets his first job) after grad school. I'm voting for that big, fancy apartment in the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
I should start looking for new furniture.

10 people are wicked awesome. to True Stories of the ER: Kozy Shack (it up).:

AK said...

Virginia's an awfully nice place... How are ya? I've been terrible about keeping up!

Josh and Gloriana said...

i tried to explain "Kozy shack it up" to Josh the other night - I was laughing my head off- and he was just looking at me... sad.

Cassandra said...

Mmm. I like Kozy Shack.
I think where you live right now is rather nice. :)

Garcia's said...

I love Kozy Shack rice pudding! Just got me some last night. What's mike graduating in?

andi said...

Yum yum Kozy Shack!!! (Are you going to eat it under the Snug Top?)

barb said...

hey suzanne- will you send me your email address or blog site so i can see what's going on with you guys? i've been meaning to ask when you comment, but i keep forgetting.

he's getting an MPA (public administration).

barb said...

oops- sorry- my email is wheresken@yahoo.com

Erin said...

"KOZY SHACK it up" oh how I miss you. I am glad that everyone still remembers. good times in college...and what about "babing suitey"...anyone, anyone?

Julia said...

Yay! Congrats to Mike and to you for going to the day shift! So does he have just one more year then? We'll be heading to Houston in September so Tim and I will be going out at the end of July (him for the Bar) to look at houses and such. We're excited! So do you really want to move to NYC? Where else would you want to live?

barb said...

yay for texas! it would be even better if you guys would move to the DFW area:)

i would love to live in new york (i think)- the more important question is- could we afford to live there?
i think i would like living in the east or northwest. are you guys going to stay in texas for a while?