It's a blog post. And ahhh helped!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008
As promised (several weeks ago) I will explain the depressing, sopping wet pictures of 2 sad children after a day at the children's museum.

You see, the children weren't sad to begin with. One of the struggles of parenthood I've found this past 3 and some odd years, is that even doing something fun can become a cry fest, and thus the fun thing becomes much less enjoyable.

We were, however, having a grand day at the Cowgirl Museum (home to the currently being renovated Museum of Science and History and Children's Discovery Museum), as you can clearly see.


To prove the fact that we were, at some point, actually having a good time there is a video of Dave and me riding this valiant steed floating around somewhere on this here interweb (which I can't retrieve due to lack of proper software).
We were leaving the museum, all hunky dory like, when one in our party (whom I will call Mr. Boo to protect his identity) ran out into the spitting fountain on the museum grounds. The older children, with their knowledge of social niceties regarding fully clothed public hydration, looked on in bewilderment. Then jealousy.
We shooed them into the water. We already had one wet kid. Why not make it three, eh?
They were reluctant in the beginning,




but soon came around to the idea that getting completely soaked in all of one's clothing in a public place can be fun.






Then they were (of course) sad to leave. Ahh, the dilemmas of parenthood. Scroll down if you need some reminding as to the outcome of this event.

6 people are wicked awesome. to It's a blog post. And ahhh helped!:

Anonymous said...

Awwww......C'mon I absolutely love dragging screaming children to the car! It's the thrill of waiting to see what good samaritan may intervene on the poor, mistreated children's behalf. Humph.....I wish I could say I WASN'T speaking from experience.

em said...

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, eh?? I like Bingham's perspective...I've got to see it more her (his?) way now that Li'l Mil is getting into the screaming, kicking, sitting-down-when-he-doesn't-want-to-go-along-so-you-end-up-dragging-him-by-one-arm-as-he-screams-"NO-NO-NO-NO!"-at-the-top-of-his-lungs-and-people-probably-think-I'm-dragging-him-away-to-beat-him-privately-because-that's-what-parents-do-around-here phase.

Sigh. The joys.

Unknown said...

At least it was fun while it lasted...right! I'm glad you like my songs. I wondered if people would notice I have Emily, Ivy, and Adelaide songs. I think the Emily song is my favorite, but Poison Ivy keeps getting stuck in my head.

Colleen said...

Ha ha! My problem is that Elijah never wants to go anywhere, and once we're there he never wants to leave! Cute pics.

Linds said...

Too freakin' cute!

Erin said...

well, the good news is, the kids are cute when they're happy AND sad.