Sometimes, when you are a woman, you wear stretchy pants in your room. For fun.

Friday, March 09, 2007
If you had happened to come upon me, mistakenly perhaps, this past weekend this is a snipet of what you might have seen (depending on time of day and location). The thought of a new house has given me the furniture bug. Unfortunately I am not rich enough to purchase even a dust bunny at any fancy furniture store, hence the stretchy pants with socks and sandals. So, we are doing the next best thing-> REFINISHING. I usually really like sanding... for about 5 minutes. But it was way to cold this past weekend even for a 5 minute sanding interlude.

I have, however, had Mike chained to a workbench making such things as pictured below. Pretty handy guy, I'd say. This was an old cabinet that my Great Grandpa (Binky's Hubby) made for my dad when he was a young lad. Imagine it in peeling pastel blue paint with wooden knobs and no trim. I was pleasantly surprised (with the cabinet, not with my crooked picture).



Mike had the decency not to wear his stretchy pants in the out of doors, although we all know he was wearing stretchy pants in his heart.
Can you identify the genre of this last picture? Good guess. These are the fruits of my very exciting shopping trip to Target clearance. I was so thrilled after this shopping session that I was shaking. The first step to fighting addiction is admitting it.
Hi. I'm Barb. I'm addicted to Target.

6 people are wicked awesome. to Sometimes, when you are a woman, you wear stretchy pants in your room. For fun.:

Erin said...

Barbie, I am so excited for you! your furniture looks so cute so far, and you really found some good stuff at Target Clearance ours never has anything that cute!

however, I would like to reference my cousin Taylor's blog in response to your first pictureTaylor's Blog

andi said...

Very cool cabinet- it did turn out well! And as for the stretch pants, well, no comment.

And I also am addicted to Target.

Beth said...

I am also addicted to Target. Maybe we better start a group.. ya know.. where we can express our feelings and such...

barb said...

in my defense- i will say that they are yoga workout pants. not like, strech stirrup pants.

by the way andi- are you saying i have a big butt??

g said...

wait- are you saying you got the house?? Did I miss something here? You never posted about that!!!!

Amy said...

That looks like it came straight out of a Pottery Barn catalogue! Nice job! Good luck on the house...jealous you have a Target so close!