In light of recent blog postings, I have decided to make a list of my (shall we say) social idiosyncrasies. I hope you will all comment on my other odd behaviors which you have noticed and make a list of your own. It was kind of hard to come up with things, which was surprising to me as I consider myself to be a fairly odd individual.
10. I carry two full sacks of food to work on the first day of a stretch. One for the fridge, one for the freezer- because I never know when I will get to eat, how much time I will have to eat, or if I will like what I brought. I like to keep my options open.
I think I have officially been dubbed 'The Bag Lady'
9. When I was in High School, I used to be so afraid that people would hear me breathing hard after walking up a flight of stairs, that I would hold my breath until I passed a groups of kids and could hide behind my locker.
Contrast this with the girl who wasn't the slightest bit embarrassed to ask to take a picture of the school crossing guard holding a mannequin head. Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum.
8. My signature. It's more V-tach than a name, really.
7. I like to sniff Dave's stinky baby morning breath.
6. When I lay down to sleep, night or day, I wish that I could just be done sleeping so that I could do more things. I have to say to myself "Just close your eyes and you'll be awake as soon as you know it. " It's not that I don't need sleep, it's just that I feel it's a waste of time. Kind of like Kate Moss and eating.
5. I pretend to drink milk out of unopened milk jugs.
4. I like to grocery shop. I could walk down every aisle at the grocery store and just look at what they are selling. I like to look for sales anywhere I go and I love the feeling of a full pantry and fridge. I would grocery shop every day if I could (and sometimes I do).
3. I butt into people's conversations and cut them off while they're talking if I'm excited about a subject. It annoys me when I do it, but I can't stop. The words just pop out.
2. Rocking out to music with my child in public does not embarrass me.
1.I have an invisible uni-brow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 people are wicked awesome. to Who? Me? Quirky?:
i LOVE my sister, Barb!
oh babs! i always loved your morning routine at the colony--shower; put on white cootie robe; sit in front of mirror to blow dry hair and then put in curlers; while curlers work their magic, apply green face mask; rinse off green face mask and apply makeup; remove curlers; use curling iron to fix any wayward curls; and then run screaming through the apartment about how horrible your hair looks.
HAHAHAAAA! Ok the last part only happened on sundays, but i miss it nonetheless. I MISS YOU! are you coming to visit???
yeah. satan always gets to me on sunday.
i'm not sure if we can come in may. hopefully sometime this summer. i'll email you.
You forgot checking out your hair every time you pass a mirror- not in a bad way, but you used to take your two fingers and adjust your curls in the front, and fluff the sides I loved that!
Oh, and how you used to put baby spinach on everything you ate. I love you!
I love your list and I love to know that I am not the only one with odd quirks. And, that situation that li'l mil just talked about.. white robe, green face.. haven't we all seen a picture of that somewhere? Maybe it was Erni's blog.. I just felt like I had experienced that scene before. :) :) It's one you don't easily forget....
i am a sight to behold in my green face mask! there is a new olive purifying mask from bath and body that is excellent. you should try it.
i have enjoyed all the quirky lists so far. good work everyone!
oh, and i still like baby spinach.
I liked your list too barb! it made me miss you a lot.
The weird thing I will add to the list is how you used to pick all the new grapes off the stems and put them in tupperware submerged in water so the grapes would stay "turgid" (is that how you spell it?)
Beth-yes that picture is on my blog, and it definitely is not something you forget easily. and thats why we love barbie!
Post a Comment