A few of my favorite things

Friday, April 20, 2007

In lieu of video to warm the cockles of your heart, I have compiled a top 10 list of my favorite Dave-is-almost-two-isms (and maybe someday Google videos will work).

10. When he randomly starts wishing "Hatty Burtday to you, Mama", and then to the chair, and his bear and the water tower... and his dump truck.

9. When he bends his knees, gets a very serious look on his face, pauses- then states (matter of factly) "I pooped".

8. Sometimes I find him kneeling in the bath water, peeing in the water. He will look up at me and smile with satisfaction, stating "I pooped".

7. He can get his shirt and pants off to tell me it's time for baths, but (in typical boy fashion) if I need or want him to get something, like say, his shoes- he stares at me blankly as if I'm speaking German.

6. He loves to throw away his dirty diapers. He will grab them, run to the trash can, slam dunk them in and say, "Goojob".

5. Although it is disruptive, I love it when he greets the long haired deacon who passes us the Sacrament on Sunday, "Hi, Jesus."

4. On a similar note, It made me laugh (and Mike get a little choked up) yesterday when Dave and I were talking about the water we were drinking from our little Sacrament cups- delving deeply into the significance of it (The water helps us remember that we should say 'I'm sorry')- when all of a sudden Dave loudly piped up, "I'm sorry, Jesus."

3. Dave loves shoes. He puts on everybody's shoes and clomps around in them. If you come to our house and have some funky shoes or shoes he likes on- be aware that you may have a temporary fixture attached to your leg during your visit. Unless you take your shoes off. Then I hope you don't have athlete's foot.

2. In order to get more Dave kisses, I tricked him into giving me kisses- telling him that I would "jump for joy" if he gave me one. Now all he wants to do is kiss his mama and "Jumpy joy!".

1. Cheese-A-Rama time. My absolute favorite thing Dave does is when he randomly says Love You, Mama ( Udd you, Mama ). It happens most often when I'm not around. Mike will tell me he calls it out when looking for me or after I leave for work. When I do hear it, though- it brings my little heart more joy than it can hold.


6 people are wicked awesome. to A few of my favorite things:

Erin said...

I love him! I am sad that I never get to see you guys or any of these davisms. i love that he says hi to Jesus the lonag haired deacon and says I'm sorrry to Jesus during sacrament!

g said...

That long haired deacon story made me laugh so hard! This kid is scrumptious.

Marcus J. said...

At least he picks shoes that match his outfit.

Beth said...

He is adorable and I loooove your list. It is SO fun when kids start to talk.. they make life so interesting. :) :)

andi said...

I love this kid. Can I have him? I'll trade you Adam for him...

Unknown said...

Saying hi to fake Jesus-- funniest thing I have heard in probably five lifetimes. Way to go Dave!