Ode to a Fireplace (as promised).

Sunday, May 20, 2007
There once was a little fireplace. It's tiles were neat and shiny.
Then Barb took out a sledgehammer and kicked it's little bohiney.
Mike gave it some paint and put new sheet rock up,
And found, inside the wall, a five year old cup. (yum).
A layer of concrete and some slate squares now meet in a neat-o new fireplace look.

14 people are wicked awesome. to Ode to a Fireplace (as promised).:

ang said...

Good work! It looks awesome!

Brit said...

that old fireplace looks just like the fireplace we had in our old apartment. I loved seeing it all in pieces! Great work!!

Erin said...

That is o much better thanthe old firplace, I love slate! I would put that on my floor in the kitchen if it wasn't so expensive. good work guys!

Marcus J. said...

That wasn't a cup of Dr. Pepper was it?

Amy said...

Yeah! You're back! That fireplace is good lookin'. So the next time those random snowstorms come it will come in handy! Can't wait to see it (and your family) in person!

Amy said...

Oh, and love those beach pictures...it looks like you had a blast!

barb said...

nobody commented on my stunning poetic abilities. i'm crushed.

amy- if you haven't already heard we will be there june 7- 17th. can you pencil us in for a trip to red robin... for old time's sake??

em said...

Barb, that looks A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. (and MG, good work from you, too!) You guys should consider going into business...

I can't wait to see it in person!! Hopefully sooner than later!

Oh, and PS: if the fireplace overhaul bidness don't go so hot, you should seriously consider becoming a poet. I think you've got real potential. And I should know ;)

g said...

Wow! I am so impressed guys! I can't wait to see the finished product! I will have to come to Tejas for the open house party when you are all finished. Can't wait!

andi said...

Was that cup there when I saw the fireplace? We could have made a toast to home remodeling :)

Beth said...

WOW. That looks AWESOME. Such a huge difference. I love the before and after shots.. keep them coming.

Kate said...

Looks great! How'd you know how to do that? Do you love homeownership? Looks like you are having fun... and I noticed your poetic abilities and was very impressed!

barb said...

i don't think i could make it in the house flipping business. i think i'm getting an ulcer from this project and we haven't even knocked out any walls...

fireplace overhaul i could do. at least- the sledgehammer part.

Kristi said...

Looks like it is coming along. I can't imagine how excited you are to have it complete so you can move in. I can't wait to see it, hint hint.