I decided yesterday I had nothing left to blog about. I resigned myself to give it up and remove my blog from the interweb, but last night a phantom phone call gave me a reason to keep going. I was sitting at the nurse's station, stewing over all the work I had to do- all the people needing things from me and all at once- when a little voice came through line 1281:Barbie?
Me. confused. Hi Lindsey...
Did you..
Oh my gosh!
None of my extended family (on my side) are members of the same church as us, except my cousin Lindsey who was just baptised in April of this year. She had planned on going to a college here in Texas after graduating from high school this spring, but had major surgery on her back this summer and deferred her acceptance for the first year.
She went to a meeting recently at the planned school of future attendance and decided it wasn't quite the right place, so she decided to apply to BYU. After only 3 agonizing weeks she got an email last night that she was accepted! Hoorah! I can't wait to help drive her up next fall!
Congrats Linds... I see a BYU sweatshirt for Christmas in your future...



9 people are wicked awesome. to Exciting News!:
SO ecstatic!
I feel a singing of the Fight Song coming on...
Congrats to your cuz - GO COUGARS!
And don't quit blogging! I LIKE your blog. You're so sassy! Plus you'd probably regret it if you took it down. I've been in a bit of a blogging rut lately too, but I'm trying to persevere and hope that my writer's block will go away.
I have never thought of you as someone who would just give up! I am also so glad that you are still blogging.... i would miss your little fun blurbs. I am sure you were just joking,,,,,, glad you are still here in blog land:)
You know you're not going yoink your blog. Now, if you were going to remove the music...
Just kidding. I like some o' the songs.
you're right. separating me from my blog would be like taking away crack from the addict.
congrats to the future coug! did you tell her that cougars eat ute's for breakfast?
barbie please don't ever stop blogging. i would miss you real bad.
Ok, the little chicken egg picture made me think your news was that you were going to hatch another li'l GIL!! But this is almost as exciting :) YAY to Lindsey! Maybe you can talk her into keeping up the Colony tradition...
Also, what's with sending acceptance emails?? Where's the fun in letting that sit on your desk while you pace the floor, agonizing over the power that letter has over your future, then ripping it open in a moment of to-heck-with-it-i-
didn't-wanna-go-there-anyway fury to realize you DID want to go there, and THEY want YOU too?
That is so awesome!
i know. emailing acceptance letters is sort of lame. i thought about that, too.
those BYU cheapskates!
Post a Comment