It snowed in Texas on Thanksgiving. Some might say "hell froze over", but that hurts my feelings- so I'll just say "a cold blue narthern blew through". And even though 3 days ago it was 85 and we were using the AC, the heater is on today.
My brother came home as a surprise to my parents this Thanksgiving. We hid him in Dave's room and invited the 'rents over under the guise of a little pre-turkey pizza treat. This was my mom's reaction:
I really didn't expect that reaction. I don't think Jacob did either, as you can see. She's going to kill me for posting this picture, but I love this picture. I think I can relate to it more and more as I get older and holidays and years pass. It's weird the emotional significance that goes into this time of year. As for me, I had to work Thanksgiving night, so I was pretty crabby (hence why there aren't more pictures of Thanksgiving)- which was a bummer. But the food was excellent and the company was good. Oh, and Jacob won 3rd place in the Turkey Trot downtown! I love my family.
That was my sentimental moment for the day. I think I'll have a turkey sandwich now.



5 people are wicked awesome. to Winter Wonderland:
I love the picture of Aunt Margie. Splendid!
that is so tender. what a happy surprise for a happy thanksgiving!
Ohhhh, that's very sweet. Sorry you had to work on Thanksgiving. Did you run in the Turkey Trot, too?
no, i wanted to, but i had to sleep. do you want to run the cowtown with me this year? i'm sort of planning on doing it. wouldn't that be fun?
You wouldn't want to do it with me. I am sloowwwwww. Especially since my legs are about 3 feet shorter than yours :)
But it sounds dang fun!
Post a Comment