
Happy Christmas to us! We cashed in our last Christmas present from Michael and Jen this past Friday at the House of Blues in Dallas.

I've never been to Big D at night, that I can recall. It was sort of exciting. The traffic was half the thrill, and had I been driving I think we would all now be dead.

The House of Blues is a cool venue. Luckily we were up in the balcony away from the pit full of drunk, fighting and syncopal folk (I swear one girl passed out before G love even came out on stage).


It was really loud. And really awesome. I want to go to more concerts. I forgot how loud they are.
Oh and G love was wearing patent leather Adidas. My favorite also was when he started singing 'Gin and Juice' in the middle of one of his songs. The bassist looked like some guy they picked up at a truck stop on their way into town (as Mike so eloquently put it), but despite looking somewhat homeless, his bass playing was sweet. I think he's the reason the band is called Special Sauce.


Also worth noting is the large stairwell with a picture of a huge cow, where Jen and I were stopped by two security guards who told us, "Don't worry ladies, black men don't bite." Then one of them insisted on side hugging Jen. I assume because she's hot, but I'm not sure.
See for yourself.
4 people are wicked awesome. to Friday night (hundred dollar bill).:
Oh my gosh, how fun!! That would have been so awesome to see him in person! Just by your title, I knew what that post was going to be about :)
(And that skyline is what I see everyday at work. And the traffic DOES produce some near-death experiences, doesn't it??)
I SAW HIM IN PERSON TOO! Seriously the best birthday present ever, and the best concert ever. I love G Love and it warms my heart that you do too.
G Love was one of the best concerts I have ever been too! even though I got sick with the flu while there...and my date was bob the teeth knocker...but we did sit in the the second row. it was freakin awesome!
we all know i love some g love, but i don't remember him being that blurry last time i saw him in concert...
i think it's funny that we've all seen him in concert, but not together, and andi is the exception. per usual. andi, you need a life. :D
Post a Comment