Happy Blog-Month Anniversary

Thursday, March 01, 2007
May I begin this post by apologizing for my blog laziness. This month marks the 1 year anniversary of my blog obsession, although lately it seems more like a task I can't really get to. Part of that may be due to the fact that I was just released from prison (AKA the hospital) after a six day torture session. They gave me the old Chinese Coughing Torture, as it seems every adult human being (and a few kids) in this area has either bronchitis or the flu. You'd be surprised how dramatic some of these coughing fits can get, complete with loss of bodily control and flopping on the floor. Our society is truly a sight to behold. Sound bitter, do I?


On a lighter note- the proceeds of my six day torture treatment will go to a good cause. Many of you already know that we....


No. I'm not pregnant.


We put on offer on a house some time ago. We still haven't heard 'yea' or 'nay' but we are keeping our fingers crossed. The house was foreclosed on the previous owner who thought dog urine would make a good carpet deodorizer. I'm not big on that scent, so if we get the house we will be ripping out the carpet and floors and putting down wood and tile. It will be a big job, but sort of exciting since we were thinking of building at some point, anyway.


I will brag more about the house after we find out if it's ours or not, but at this point, suffice it to say that the suspense is killing us (or at least me). And we won't be getting a dog.








11 people are wicked awesome. to Happy Blog-Month Anniversary:

em said...

that's so exciting!!! if you need help ripping up dog carpet or putting down new floors, call us!! the hub would LOVE to help do that kind of stuff, and a trip to ol' tejas to see you guys would be so much fun! i hope you get it...keep us posted!! a house a house a house a house a house!

em said...

oh and happy blogaversary! you are my inspiration. although my blog kinda sucks. you're not the inspiration for the suckiness, just the creation in general :)

Kate said...

Hey, that's really exciting! Having a house is pretty fun and I hope you get it!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you...let us know!

Amy said...

You have 6 pairs of fingers crossed here too! I think you have done a fabulous job blogging over the past year...I check it almost every day...not that I stalk you and your family or anything!

ang said...

how almost exciting! hope everything works out!

andi said...

I was wondering if you had heard yet- figured you would have called if you had. I will keep my fingers crossed for you too!

Kate said...

I don't know how to do a virtual tour?? But I will post more pictures soon. It's the weekend and so I have Mark to help me hang things up!! (his favorite thing to do)

Erin said...

SWEET! I am so excited for you. Your first house, woohoo! and hppy blogaversary, I can't believe that you have blogged for a year, and I too check your blog every day, and I do stock you, I mean no I don't. keep us posted on the house situation!

g said...

i have been checking the other sisters to see if you got it yet! You better blog your little heart out once you find out- that is so exciting. i want a house!

Marcus J. said...

Congrats! You will officially be grown up once you have your own house....huzzah! We will one day own our own place too! Let us know if you need help with the pee carpet, oh and Mikey should check my blog. He'll luv it!

Brit said...

what an awesome house! I hated the whole waiting game when you have an offer in! I hope you have better success in the foreclosure market than we did. Where is your house at? I want to see the whole house transformation if you get it! Good luck!