Oh, and we checked out Gardener Village one day, which was awesome. I've always wanted to go there, but we never went while we lived in Utah. If I had brought another suit case with me I would have filled it up with treasures from that place. We also ate strawberry pie for a buck forty nine. I love me some strawberry paaah!
And, as per usual, we revisited Club 496- just to see if it holds the same appeal it always did. I thought I heard faint echoes of "Jump Around" and nails popping through the downstairs ceiling. I could almost envision stale tortillas scattered on the front porch steps and the lawn, thrown during a late night, potato sack and bandanna wearing frenzy. I wanted to put on some fuzzy slippers, run up the steps and yell "Take that Mormon Sports Trivia!!". But, in the name of civilized behavior, I refrained.



10 people are wicked awesome. to Gigs and jiggety jigs.:
wiping away (sniffff) a tear...
I love Club 496! But wait? What happened to Club 322? Not worth revisiting? Hmph... perhaps if Elephant Girl and Grommit had been there...
hahahahah elephant girl and grommit! aw this post hurt my little hearty. i wish I could have been there!
I'd agree and say that Eva Mendes is indeed hot, but I can't tell because she's blending into the background...again.
aaahhhhh the colony, how I miss you and gromett and the aerobics and ballroom dancing upstairs and club 496! oh and what about "neighbor" and bird?
dinner was so much fun, especially since i got to sit by Eva...she is so down to earth.
Ahh, "The Club". Even though it's green now instead of blue, I have a lot of fond memories there. Like the Chair of Sweet Love, the Orbs of Love, and the Mysterious Reliquary of Incinerated Mormon Sports Trivia Past. Or the making of Torn from Paradise (and watching The Trailer daily). Or the Backstreet Boys choreographed lip-synch performance on the front steps that we auctioned off as part of our ward service auction. Or the wake that we held for Sideburns, Eric M.'s deceased red-tailed shark. Or Baby Jessica, Eric's other fish that we thought was eaten by Sideburns, but really was trapped in the tank filter, and then was miraculously rescued. And Montel, My black, puffy-eyed fish who almost died on several occasions because I only changed the water in his tank when he was upside down, sort of weakly swimming in a circle. Poor little guy had the heart of a champion.
Andi, Club 496 was more of a state of mind than a physical location. Also, with all due respect, you can't call apt 322 a "Club" until you've taped 500 flyers advertising the "Millennial Bash" all over campus and the student housing complexes, and then had somewhere in the neighborhood of 75-100 people almost crash through your floor into the apartment below while "jump[ing] around" to the musical stylings of House of Pain. That was scary. And awesome.
i think i peed a little.
oh- and stop being mean to andi.
(and stop pissing on her music).
love you hunee:)
I'm still waiting for my copy of "Torn from Paradise"...
Juneyah--I don't know if you'd be prepared for the acting in TFP (as we in The Club call it). It's pretty mind-blowing.
you know a comment is good when you laugh out loud at every sentence and the people in the computer lab at school look at you like you are crazy. thank you mg.
mg - I've seen the acting, and I must have it for my collection.
Post a Comment