Is it Idaho or Udaho? I can never remember...

Friday, June 22, 2007
The geographical cherry on top of our trip was our little road trip through beautiful southern Idaho the last few days of our vacation. "Beautiful? Southern Idaho?", you ask with skepticism. Granted, it's no Couer D'Alene, but this time the countryside seemed so spectacular to me. I would almost love to live in one of those remote little country towns, but I would miss Target too much.

Mike had a gig in Twin Falls (I had never been before). Much to my surprise the gig was down in a canyon right by the Snake river. Two words: GORGE OUS! Lit'rally. I don't think there could be a cooler place for a jazz festival- so if you're ever in Idaho in June, it's not something to miss:)



Then we headed off for another 3 hour tour to Rexburg Idaho for Mike's cousin's wedding reception. Luckily Dave slept the whole way.

Looks like someone got a visit from the hair fairy... tee hee!



Remember this band anyone?? I don't really remember them, but I do remember the night we saw them play in the King Henry clubhouse.

Dave found a cute girl to flirt with. Too bad she's his cousin... sort of.
The bride!
They live only a few blocks away from the new Rexburg temple that's being built.



Which is also near the one and only BYUI. I can now say I've been to BYUI. I was so excited that I made Mike turn the car around to get this picture. Pretty sad what gives me a thrill, huh?


The next day we headed off back to hot, muggy Tejas AKA home sweet home. Dave was a champ. We love and miss all you north westerners and hope to see you again soon!

3 people are wicked awesome. to Is it Idaho or Udaho? I can never remember...:

andi said...

I loved Aberdeen- and remember when we went to this huge house party up in the canyon somewhere and there were there, too? Good times.

Glad you are back home- I miss you when you are on vacay.

Josh and Gloriana said...

i remember aberdeen too! they were good! i also remember the king henry thing and i think the party andi is talking about was in the tree streets no? maybe i am thinking of something different. mybe we saw chili davis (gag) in the tree streets. but i really think that it was aberdeen. whatever. what is Mike's cousin's last name? my room mate is from Rexburg- I bet they know each other- or at least their families do.

Kate said...

Looks like a fun trip you had! Isn't Rexburg beautiful in the summer? I agree that Idaho is gorgeous!! I'm so glad I moved to Rexburg in the summer... now hopefully the winter won't be so bad?!