What would you do if someone told you that it was going to take 2 weeks to install some carpet on your stairs? What if the stairs they were going to carpet were in the same house that you had already made 3 mortgage payments on, planned to move into about a month and a half ago, and were already packed and ready to move into this weekend? Just as I suspected...

You'd do it yourself.

We found this really cool
eco-friendly recycled carpet. It's hip. Don't ya think? Here's a close up.

Just kidding. That's a carpet pad.
Don't be surprised, when you decide to carpet the stairs yourself, if the people who are helping you try to shoot you with the staple gun. Cause it ain't easy work. I should know. I was watching from the windows I was washing.

Rolls of carpet. We decided to carpet the stairs because after the ordeal with getting the actual wood that looked decent enough to put on our floor, we didn't end up with enough to do the stairs. Also, let's face it. It would have been way more of a pain in the butt than putting carpet down.

Heavy duty stuff. An automatic staple gun. Yowza!

Doesn't this air compressor make fine home decor? I think we'll leave it right there.

So I lied. I was supervising the work from the top of the stairs.

And the completed project. Looks professional, no? 10 hours versus 2 weeks = not a bad trade.
8 people are wicked awesome. to House Update 2,657.:
Looks great!!! You guys have seriously put some manpower into that house!! I didn't see a photo of a first aid kit, however. I hope nobody shot his eye out.
that pampa does good work.
you guys are so self-sufficient it's amazing. I am seriously impressed. i would never in a millions years know how to carpet stairs! When i have a house someday I will be calling you for advice for sure!
They look fabulous...but did we expect any less from you and your fabulous family. I am so sad that we didn't get to see your home. I didn't even realize how fast time was flying when we were there. It was fantastic to see you all and I wish you the best with the rest of the house!
it looks so good! so plush and soft. I am sure you guys did a much better job than those two week people.
you can call my dad for advice...
i would probably just stare at you blankly and go... "uhh...uhhh... you want me wash your windows?"
no eyes were harmed in the making of this blog post.
Wow, you guys have put so much work into that house- I can't wait to see shots of the finished product!
I can't wait for me and Li'l Mil (and possibly Hub, depending on schoooo-hell) to come down and not only SEE tu casa but also EXPERIENCE tu casa firsthand. I think you guys get kudos for not moving in while still finishing the house. Smart move. Too many people try to do both and I bet it ends up more stressful and also not as finished.
What does that mean, anyway, "kudos to you"? Perhaps an enlightening blog post is in order.
Post a Comment