
My Great Grandma "Binky" passed away this weekend. She lived for 101 years and was able to return to her Father in my parent's home with her family at her side. Just thinking about her in her last few days of life makes me teary eyed. She wore a smile through extreme respiratory difficulty, sweetly answering I'm alright, honey when asked how she was feeling.
My Binky was an wonderful woman and an inspiration to so many people. She cared deeply for others and so little about wordly things. She lived through many hard times and heartaches, but with faith that God would carry her when she couldn't handle any more.
I hope that she passed a little of her amazing DNA into mine.



7 people are wicked awesome. to Beuna Flora Knox Milligan 1907-2008:
I'll definitely be praying for your family during this time. I know she was a very special part of your family. How amazing that Dave had so much time with his Great-Great-Grandmother!
Oh, I have memories of sitting with Binky.
I'm glad that she is now in a place of rest. :)
I only knew Binky from the time she was 95 years old. I wish I could have known her when she was young (you know, about 80 or so). I'll always remember the first time I met her was at Christmas time in 2001. She just sat there and held my hand for awhile in that sweet old lady sort of way and welcomed me to the family, telling me "if you marry one of us, you're one of us", and really treated me like I was one of her own. I felt like I had the approval of the Matriarch of the family. She was a special lady. I feel privileged to have known her.
How sweet. How sad.
My thoughts and prayers and well wishes are with you and your family at this time.
Those of us who have had our grandparents and great-grandparents in our lives are so lucky. To hear their stories of trials and tribulations, of successes and moments of history will never be forgotten.
My great grandmother passed in January. She wasn't blessed with as many years as Binky, but she lived a healthy 94 years.
Lots of love and hugs....
Ohhhhh, what a blessing she was for all those whose lives she blessed...including mine! Pass our love onto your family. I will let Ian know and have him call you or your mom to see when the funeral is.
What a life well lived. Thinkin' bout ya :)
Barbie -I'm sad,too. I'm glad that i was able to meet Binky.I hope you will help David to remember her. I know you have pictures of him with his great-great-grandmother. Your folks took such good care of her! Love and prayers for your whole family. mg's mom
Post a Comment