I can work for 12 hours and:
cover for a nurse who called in sick and a hole that was already in the schedule
check in 100 patients who think they are all about to die
have 1/4 of them yell at me because I inform them that they are not going to die (from their cold)
have 1/4 of them scream profanity at me (including words starting with "b" and "f") because they have waited more than 4 hours to be brought into a room
get children's Motrin spit in my face by 1/100 of them
be in awe of the 1/2 that are patient and grateful (and either get admitted or wait for 6 hours to be told to take some tylenol and rest)
get threatened that someone is going to "call their lawyer"
get threatened that three people are going to "call administration"
help 1/90 change into a hospital gown without getting drunk off the alcohol fumes on their breath, or getting my shoes vomitted on
...and I can still call that a fun night.
I think I am either sick in my head or a glutton for punishment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 people are wicked awesome. to True Stories of the ER: Something I find odd (and slightly distressing).:
or a nurse :)
You do awesome work- I am awed by what nurses endure in the name of "healthcare." Way to go.
I think it has something to do with growing up with 3 brothers. :)
I am voting for sick in the head, a glutton for punishment, AND a saint. Way to go- livin' the dream!
i'm going with "unique sense of humor"--which makes you THAT much more fun to be around.
bet you can't wait for those democrats to socialize medicine...
wow... you give me so much to look forward to! ;)
You Go Girl! Love your stories-- always make me smile and laugh!
"e" was me...just so you know!
Post a Comment