How I Became Doofus of the Year.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Wow. Now that was a whirlwind big-city adventure. If you ever want to have one yourself- just take your old college roommate, make her a full fledged mama, have her quit her job and tell her you're coming to visit for a week. I don't think we breathed between activities... and it was amazing. Our kids were amazing. We had an awesome time!

But before I tell you about that, I should- in keeping with the overall theme of this blog- tell you about something really stupid I did yesterday. I committed a major offense in the world of womandom. Dave and I were ready to unload off our connecting flight from Atlanta to DFW. Dave was talking to all the other passengers and this one really cute, kinda trendy young girl was checking him out from seats in front of us. She was wearing a flowy dress that hung loosely around what I thought was a baby bump. She wasn't fat. Just a little bloated in the belly area, like me after too many airline ginger ales. She was just so glowy and looked maternal. I don't know what I was thinking. The words vomited out of my mouth before I thought, most likely.

Me: "Are you expecting?"
Her: "No... although I probably look like it after this trip..."

I was mortified. The pharmacist beside me turned her head in shame. Point being- never ask a woman if she's pregnant. I don't care if all she has is a big basketball in front. I have never done that before and (if I can hold it together) never will again. Doy!

OK! On with the adventures!

3 people are wicked awesome. to How I Became Doofus of the Year.:

Amy said...

Unfortunately...been there....done that! Good thing you will never see her again!

em said...

I think everyone's done that at least once...and had it done to us as well. It's a life lesson we all have to learn the hard way :) Just consider it another stepping stone on your way to geniusdom. Or something.

THANKS FOR THE AWESOME TRIP!! I'M SO SO SO GLAD YOU CAME!! I miss you already :( Tell Daze I say, "Hey Daze!"

Erin said...

oh barbie....thats too bad. really too bad.