Our last 2 days in PA were spent frolicking in the gorgeous rolling hills of Lancaster and York counties. We started at the Famous Shady Maple Smorgasbord. I wasn't hungry for the rest of the day (except when I ate that brownie sundae in Strassburg). There was so much food and it was so yummy. From there we went to Bird-In-Hand and...
We rode on the wagon.
We had a very interesting tour from our Amish guide. I learned a lot that I never knew about Amish people. The countryside was so tranquil and serene. I decided I want to buy a house in Lancaster county and visit from my townhouse in New York City on the weekends. Also I want to buy an Amish quilt- or at least try and make one.
Oh- and Dave enjoyed hanging out with cousin Mary and cuddling to sleep! So sweet...
We had a great trip. This month is crazy. I'm heading back out to Salt Lake in 2 days for the ENA (Emergency Nurses Association) Conference, which will be fun, but I wish Dave and Mike were going along. Me and another nurse were the only ones to sign up for the conference (I guess it's not really a big vacation hot spot) so I was excited for the free trip. Hopefully I will be able to get together with some family and friends in my free time. If you have any good suggestions for activities or restaurants in the downtown Salt Lake/ Park City area let me know. I have some ideas of stuff to do, but I'd like to try new stuff too.



6 people are wicked awesome. to I Think I Am A Country Girl at Heart.:
I've got a GREAT idea for what you should do when you come out here...See me!
now THAT would be entertaining.
Wow! What a Fun trip. Thanks for sharing. I love how descriptive you are in your writing.It paints a very vivid picture.......jess
You are probably going to be so busy when you come out here, but we would love to see you if possible...however in ever effort to try to not make you feel guilty you MUST go to the Red Rock Restaurant and Brew Pub in Park City. DELICIOUS!!! It's close to the outlet malls so you could get some shopping in as well.
And don't forget good old Cafe Rio. Eat a burrito for me!
And don't forget laugh at Ute fans who thought they were going to win the national championship after beating UCLA, then got shut out by lowly, lowly UNLV.
Post a Comment