
Dave and Morgan kicking back after a loooong day at church.


Fat guy in a little shirt.... Our handsome gentleman.
Today was stake conference. They split our stake, which has been rumored to happen since we moved here. There were over 6,000 people in the stake, and it covered a pretty large expanse of area. They usually split the stake conference into two sessions since there are so many people, but today they didn't. The church was crowded, hot and noisy and the natives were definitely restless. There were droves of parents in the hallway (which was kind of fun for us...) and the mothers lounge smelled like one large pile of poo. The talks were awesome though- at least what I heard of them. We got our first actual babysitter last night to go to the adult session. There were two general authorities there, and they were both really good speakers. My dad was an usher, he even got an official usher button! Before I had to take Dave out of the meeting this morning, my dad came to sit by us after he was done ushering. Dave is into this new headbutting thing now. I think it's a boy thing. The other day we head butted for 20 minutes before our nap, giggling ourselves to sleep. Anyway, when dad sat down Dave wanted to go to him. I handed him over and dad bent his head down to look at him. Immediately skulls bonked into each other. They did that a couple of times, in between Dave pulling on dad's official usher badge. I got kind of teary eyed watching the two of them. My baby growing up and my dad getting older. It was one of those moments that's caught like a picture in your mind. The two of them with their noses pressed together, smiling at each other, belly to belly- with an usher badge in between. And right then I thought how lucky we are to be alive. It was a good day.



3 people are wicked awesome. to :
Hey Barb,
Thanks for checking out my blog. Did Mike tell you that I was inspired by you:)...I absolutely LOVE reading about you guys! Dave is like a lil ray of sunshine. He can brighten anyones day. I don't know which is cuter, his big cheeks or his superfly suits for church. He looks like a little man in his little ties. Love it! You guys have a beautiful family. I hope one day to have one just like it. Happy Posting!!!
OKAY! How adorable is little Dave in his suit and tie! I cannot believe what a little boy he is turning into! I teared up a little when I saw the picture of him and Binky. We really miss all of you. I love reading your blog and "catching up" on the scoop!
How fun that you are playing on a team...love the pictures almost as much as I love your captions!
Are you all in a different stake now? What about the ward...still the same?
I love the white shirt and tie! SOOOOO cute! Little Dave is such a cutie! I just want to squish him!
Post a Comment