skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I don't know how I can post after the Galveston pictures! I am enamored with them right now and I just don't want them to get lower on the blog totem pole. Is that weird? Yes. Moving right along, though. Not long after we got home from Galveston, the next day perhaps, Dave found the paper cutter I thought I had hidden well under my bed since the last time he found it. Apparently I don't give him enough credit for being a human radar for the dangerous. As I pulled him out from under my bed the paper cutter (which has a small rounded blade that slides up and down a plastic runner board) came down on Dave's finger. I noticed it a few seconds later when he wasn't crying, but fingerpainting in spots of his own blood. I bandaged it as best I could, but he kept chewing the bandaid off which caused the wound to continue bleeding. In a huff I ventured out to the band aid section at Kroger and purchased every bandage and bandaging material they had. I bandaged him and placed a sock over his hand. It was funny because he wouldn't use the bandaged hand, but curled it up and used it as a kind of crutch. Like a little gorilla, but with less black hair and a diapered butt. Finally, after he bled through the sock, I used Coban- my favorite 3M product! (I am such a NERD!) It's that tape that sticks to itself but not to your skin. Now that I explained it- it's your favorite too, huh? Anyway- that worked well and the wound is all healed up now- so Dave is happy to be bandage free. If you've made it all the way to the end of this long post without just skipping to the pictures, I commend you. Well done, thou good a faithful... reader? See- it's true- I am a nerd.


5 people are wicked awesome. to Injured- injured bad.:
I seriously laughed out loud at your post! I love Dave with his little socked hand.
At least the injury isn't on his face, because that will ruin his TV career...
I thought you were going to say "he kicked him in the..." I still cry cause I am laughing so hard at that commercial! Poor Dave! He could be the youngest one handed boxer...I am glad he is better.
His little pictures remind me of the dogs that have surgery with the cone around their head. Lucky for him, it was only a sock! Good idea, mom! It must be the moon- Spence cut the top of his finger off with a razor replacing the registration sticker on his car. I should mention the sock to him!
just tell him not to swallow the bandaids if he chews them off his finger!
Post a Comment