Friday, May 05, 2006


We were awakened this morning to the trumpet stylings of Freddie Hubbard. Under normal circumstances this might not have been so offensive, but it was 5 am and the result of power outage and power... restoration?? I think these were my exact words... "CRAP! MIKE! I CAN"T GET THE THING TO TURN OFF!!!" I don't think I had really even tried to turn the "thing" (ie: CD player) off yet. I don't think I was really out of bed yet. I think I had my arm outstretched from where I was sitting half on the floor, half in bed punching buttons on anything I could feel around me because my eyes were still sealed shut. It was so loud, and not the kind of thing you want waking you or your sleeping child at 5 am. Luckily it only scared the pee out of me and Mike. Dave slept like... well... a baby.

In other commentary- how does Dave find the most dangerous possible thing to play with all the time? I'll give you some examples from this morning: a screwdriver, nail clippers, a paper trimmer, the bottom of a shoe (not necessarily dangerous, but definitely dirty). I didn't even know where these things were, but he manages to find them. Maybe I'm a bad mother and I should do better baby proofing... I think babies have some sort of homing device in their little hands for anything they shouldn't be touching. Like yesterday- we were in the store, Dave's in the front of the buggy and I swear he is an octopus. No matter how good I think my blocking skills are he manages to slip in there when I'm not looking. He pulled a bottle of salad dressing off the shelf and broke it. Now he is trying to eat my toes... Time to go eat breakfast... oh no, no toe jam on the toast, thanks.

2 people are wicked awesome. to :

stupidramblings said...

Ask Stupid is closed because it was not generating...anything. Sorry, I just didn't like it that much, but I hesitate to pull if of the interweb because I don't have it copied anywhere else...

Liz said...

Yeah, that would be frieky to wake up to that in the middle of the night! And how do babies always find the worst toys? If it makes you feel any better, we went to a dirty hot crusty Indian market the other day to find an ingredient I needed for a recipe and I looked down to find Emeline LICKING THE FLOOR. Sick. I love looking at your blog! You look like you have so much fun with your cute family. I love it!