It's official... well... only semi-official actually.

Friday, June 23, 2006

We did it! I never thought we would, but we actually mailed our papers for our passports today! It was quite frightening and slightly expensive, but we are hoping to go to Italy this fall and it will all be worth it. Mike (if you didn't know) lived in Italy on what one might call 'church-related business' for a couple of years- so luckily I have my Italian interpreter, tour guide and lover (except he's blonde- ok i'll give ya that one.) all rolled into one;)
We have been meaning to do this since we got married, since we finished school, before we had a kid etc etc- just never had the means or time. Actually 'means' is still a questionable subject, but it's about to be our five year anniversary so we figured we can splurge a little... just this once:) If anyone knows a good place to find cheap flights to Europe or hears of any good deals... if you could kindly let us know... it would be appreciated.
As I was typing this post last night I decided to post some pictures of some of our vacations for old time's sake. As I was scanning away I noticed, holy psychic connection Andi, you were also posting road trip pictures! Granted, it's a little different, but it just goes to show that great minds really do think alike. Er close to alike, er, somethin'...

2 people are wicked awesome. to It's official... well... only semi-official actually.:

Liz said...

Fun, fun! That sounds great! Which mission did he serve in? My dad is the mission pres in Rome right now, so we are also going to the motherland this fall- end of Oct... We found our tickets on Orbitz.com (those were the cheapest we could find.) Travelocity had a few good ones too. I hope you can get some good ones!

barb said...

he was in milan. maybe we'll see you there:)