Sunday, July 30, 2006
In my quest to find interesting tourist stops in Italy- I ran across these choice pieces. The first is a giant bunny created by an Austrian art group called Gelatin. Supposedly this 200 foot long pink bunny (knitted by italian grannies out of wool then stuffed with hay) is going to be displayed on this Italian mountainside (Colletto Fava) for the next 20 years.
I guess it is supposed to make you feel small, like you're walking around a ridiculously large pink Gulliver (throw out the ropes and anchors... heave... ho !). The look of horror on it's face is so cute and cuddly. I can't wait to climb it's itchy wool limbs slip into it's giant sized bunny bosom.






















And while we're sightseeing in Italy- we can't forget to stop in Venice to take a gander, not at an old cathedral or the grand canal, but this oversized statue of a balloon dog. Now that's why I go to Italy- for huge metal replicas of balloon figures. I hope I get a giant metal balloon hat.

0 people are wicked awesome. to :