
I woke up still a little excited about this today. It was bigger than the time we met the munchkin from the Wizard of Oz, and right up there with the time I met Donny Osmond in San Diego and Richard Simmons in downtown Ft. Worth.
Just to give you a little background- Mike is something of a conoisseur of Jazz music. At least- it appears to me that he knows a lot about it and likes it alot. Thus, I have become a budding jazz lover. And I'm not just talking Nat Cole and Tommy Dorsey- I can now even recognize a T. Monk song from time to time- maybe some Oscar Peterson tickling the ivories. Anyway- the other day we were talking about one of our new found (of a couple of years) favorites- Kurt Elling- wondering if he ever came to Dallas because we'd like to see a show. Long story short- we found some tickets on TI's (Texas Instruments, all you non-calculator users) jazz band website. Yes, TI has a non-profit big band and yesterday was their 20 year anniversary concert, featuring who else but Kurt Elling!
The tickets were free by lottery to non TI civilians. We both signed up and won two tickets each! Marge and Mike came along, a little unsure I think, but all in all they enjoyed it. After the show (which was impressive to say the least) at the Eismann Center- Kurt came out to meet everyone and sign autographs. We were some of the last few in line, but Kurt was cool and nice. He didn't even laugh at me or anything when I told him he was my myspace buddy and he probably didn't know because he has, like, a million friends.. haha. ha. hhh....hmm
Hi Kurt. I'm real nerdy. And I think you're cool.
We got some sweet footage of the concert, but Mike thought it best not to post on youtube since we are copyright law abidin' citizens. Seriously though, check out his website- it has sound clips and they are cool. He has done some stuff with John Hendricks (of Lambert, Hendricks and Ross) that is hip! (ie: Goin' to Chicago- my favorite!)




4 people are wicked awesome. to He's one hip cat.:
Wait! Nothing is bigger than meeting Richard Simmons!!! I am seriously way jealous!
well he was pretty hot...err at least greasy as ever.
Wow, how cool! You were just trying to prove to me that he really did exist, huh! :)
haha yeah- can you take a picture with me so my friend believes that you're real??
i actually recorded him singing 'goin to chicago'- your theme song- so if you ever want to watch it let me know:) it's not as good as on the album though- with john hendricks.
Post a Comment