
All patients must have a full triage assessment. Thus we had to check Samuel's blood pressure around his neck. It was difficult to get a temperature since Sam can't open his mouth AND has no axillae. We did our best.

Patients under average adult weight must be weighed. O.33 kilograms! He's getting so big!

Patients must then be wrapped up like newborns and placed in isolettes.

We had to feed him lots of coffee. Samuel is not used to staying up all night. (Just for the record, I did not endorse the drinking of the coffee).

Samuel got an EJ (That's his only major vessel, after all. I guess we could have found a facial vessel, but I wouldn't want to ruin his good looks). Glad you wore gloves Rhiannon. Who knows where this mannequin head has been. By the way- are EJs in your scope of practice? Just checkin'.

I'm taking good care of your baby Bone Jr.

Samuel got his Xray. I hope we didn't expose his growing brain to too much radiation.

The Xray report read multiple anomalies. I wonder what that means?

Hanging out with one of our ER doctors. Rubbing shoulders with the high and mighty, and hob-nobbing it and stuff.

Samuel heading home with a beautiful Texas sunrise out of the ambulance bay. Poor little guy was all tuckered out! Goodnight Samuel!



12 people are wicked awesome. to A Night in the ER: Samuel goes to the hospital.:
bone senior says...
babs, you slay me. you really, truly do. i'm glad you take such good care of ER patients...especially swaddling them up and incubating them for extra security.
also, i truly cried tears of slay-ness when i scrolled down and saw the actual xray of samuel's heeed. well done, my dear, well done :)
Wow. I'm speechless. I am, however, thrilled to see that Samuel is in such loving arms at the ER. I peed a little when I saw his eyeballs and the bobby pin in the x-ray. I can't wait to see what is in store for him next!
Nice work! I love that the doctors have taken so nicely to him. Says tons about their bedside manner! I, like Bone Sr., laughed even harder when I scrolled and saw the actual X-ray! Nice placement- people don't know what's coming...
Any way you could defibrilate his head? ;)
I have no words... you are truely a genius
i made copies of the X-ray results for everyone, just to keep you all on the up and up. the bobby pin made me pee myself a little, as well.
BTW- i believe there was a mistake. there's no way samuel could weigh less than a pound. he's not that lightweight! that scale must weigh in kilograms. pardon the error.
p.s. many of the photo ideas came from my dear work friend Rhiannon. She is most definitely Other Sisters material... and i KNOW Other sisters material!
I couldn't resist emailing these pictures to Samuel's original Daddy - Jared from BRG. Jared had the following to say:
You’ve made so proud. It just seems like yesterday that my good friend Samuel comes to me, “Big J?”, he says, “I want to get out…do more with me life. I’m tired of sitting on this shelf wondering what I’m missing. Is there something you can do for me?” Enter Bone Junior... the rest is history. The only sad part is that his brothers and sisters miss him and don’t hear from him much.
If the truth be known, I was helping my parents de-junk their house a couple weeks ago, and I found a box chock-full of Samuels and one Suzy-kin. You should have seen the relief on their faces when I pried the lid of that box. They now sit proudly in my children’s bedrooms where they are guaranteed weekly makeovers. Life couldn’t be better for the whole family.
The pictures you sent me made my week. Thanks so much and keep me posted. Who knows, maybe the next time I see Samuel, he’ll be in the oval office at the white house. At least I’d know our country is in good hands (if only he had hands).
-Jared
What an eventful night for Mr. Samuel. I wonder if he ever knew SAM from nursing school. Maybe they have the same father. I especially love the picture of him in the little isolet and with the oxygen, too funny.
I couldn't help but put the xray on my desktop. Now we need to take Samuel on the Titan at Six Flags!
i almost woke dave up giggling! thank you all for this wonderful opportunity to let me help a mannequin in need, and with so much potential! i don't know about the oval office, or the titan- but i do know sam will be rooting for the COUGS with me TOMORROW NIGHT VS. THE HORNY HORNY TOADS!!! woohoo!! we are so psyched! (me and samuel that is...)
p.s. you should send jared a link to ye olde blog b/c i am about to post video:)
pps- i need idears on how to give him some spirit without ruining his wonderful complexion.
Hmmmm,spirit? Too bad you don't have those Tweeqed mohair pants Erin used to have from Michael Boyes...
Tear strips of blue fabric and tie it into his hair...like those flip flops you see on Martha Stewart...or at EFY.
Any kind of blue and white makeup will be ok - Samuel is no stranger to drag. He lives it, he owns it.
LMAO! You are killing me, I was rolling.........I can't believe Mike and Dr Pratho and all got into the pics heheheh! And Debbie....Oh My!
Post a Comment