So, like... yeah.

Monday, September 18, 2006
Hmph. I am getting a little bored with my blog (gasp of sheer horror). But you know what they say- 'if you don't feel like blogging- you should blog until you do feel like it'. So here I am.

2 weeks (more or less) and 7 work days until Italy! I think we have our itinerary just about chiseled out, although some of our plans may have to change in light of hostility in the Muslim world over some recent comments by the Pope. Oh, you crazy Pope Benedict the 15 thousandth- don't you know you're ruining my vacation? That's all us self-centered United Statesians care about. I just want to see the Sistine Chapel before the Vatican is blown to smithereens (excuse my spelling on that)! Oh well- if jihadists blow us up with a roadside bomb while we're in Italy, just bury us next to Grandma in our clean skivvies.

....
..

Good thing we got the trip insurance...

In other news, (still Italy related) I called last week to reserve our spots to see The Last Supper on the day we arrive in Milan, but the museum is already booked until October 20th! Seriously- it is booked all day, everyday for a month in advance. I think there are a few other ways to get tickets when we get there- we'll see. At least our reservations at the Hotel Villa Cipressi at Lake Como are set. A lakefront view- reserved 03/05/06- 04/05/06... I have a feeling this is going to be an exciting trip. Two weeks as a homeless person in Italy. Bella!

7 people are wicked awesome. to So, like... yeah.:

Kristi said...

I think you'll have a blast. Sounds like fun to me!

Amy said...

One word...JEALOUS!
Your blog will kick butt with all the thousands of pictures you will take!

barb said...

unless we're dead.


just kidding. i hope we don't die. maybe italy will rejuvinate my desire to blog.

Anonymous said...

anonymous bone senior said...

just remember: if you die, at least you'll die in ITALY. that beats the pants off of dying in the US any day. maybe you'll even be fortunate enough to be slurping a delicious gelato at the time... ahhh...you'll have 1 1/2 feet in the celestial kingdom if you go that way! :)

barb said...

oh anonymous bone senior- you slay me...

Liz said...

Oh my gosh- does that hotel on Lake Como look like the most awesome place in the world or what?! Maybe we should plan a little extra side trip to go THERE! :)

barb said...

yeah- umm- i hope we can stay there- since the reservations are for MARCH of THIS YEAR!!! hehehuh uh ughhhhh:) it will all work out- i know, i know.