"A Cold Blue Narthern"

Thursday, November 30, 2006











Does this look like winter to you? Late fall maybe, but It's certainly nothing like the picture below that I stole from Erin in the snowy tundra of Utah County. Then why, may I ask, do people act like their skin is going to freeze off if they step foot outside the Wally World, after the temperature has dropped from 75 to 40? Just checking. Not that I mind or anything...












In other news- I've been meaning to post about how I got stuck in one of those tunnel things at a playground the other day. Dave was trying to go up and just kept sliding back down. I had to push his little butt up the steep part. I was kneeling down and when I tried to turn around I realized that my body was too large to do anything but slither out the tube on my belly. Panic struck my heart and I wiggled around as fast as I could before I went into a full blown panic attack. Talk about your claustrophobia.











I even got some of those little playground rocks embedded in my knee. I think one is still in there.


I'm going to have some hot chocolate with peppermint whipped cream now (to try and stay warm).

3 people are wicked awesome. to "A Cold Blue Narthern":

Bone Junior said...

It was six degrees when I left my house this morning. Six degrees. Unless there's Kevin Bacon involved, I don't want six degrees of anything.

Beth said...

I am one of those people who things it's time to bundle up.. it is 50 degrees here, after all. buurrrrrr. I've got my kids in winter coats to just go get the mail. I know.. W-I-M-P.

Erin said...

that picture of dave climbing up the slide is so cute...it should be on the cover of some magazine or something. although the picture of a mom at the playground stuck in the slide probably would have made the front page of the newspaper or the 5 o'clock news. I am glad the only momento you have left from that experience is the picture of dave and rock embeded in your little knee.