Binky [is old].

Tuesday, January 16, 2007
















I had to dedicate a blog post to my great granny Binky, who turned 100 years old this month. There was a huge party at my parent's house, which was a little weird. The house was full of probably (at one point) 100 people, 75 of which I didn't know. Binky had a fun time, but I think she was a little worn out after it was all over.


















For some reason it looks like the cake has a 1,000 candle on it- rather than 100. Is it a premonition? I hope not, for her sake.












Uncle Rusty. Cute, huh?












I don't know who these guy are, but they look pretty awesome anyway- so I took a picture.












Cousin John, Michael and me! Cheeeeeeeeeze!












I didn't know 100 year olds did extreme close ups. Binky is a pretty confident lady, though.












Along with lots of people, there were about a billion balloons of the ceiling, which was fun.













Cousin Brant- who used to swing me by the arms when I was six. That was probably about the last time I saw him, too. He didn't try to swing me by the arms this time.













Binky and her sister, Louise.












Aunts Jackie and Paula. We had to try this shot again with the bunny ears behind the head.












To the chagrin of fish and fowl everywhere- someone had the grand idea to release all of the balloons into the sky when the party was over. Let it be known that I took no part in the slaughter of innocent beings. I was only the photographer.












And by some miraculous intervention the balloons became tangled in the neighbors tree. Sorry Joe and Silvia. It was for the greater good.

4 people are wicked awesome. to Binky [is old].:

Erin said...

gorgeous cake barbie! happy birthday binky! I can't even imagine being 100 years old! crazy! what an accomplishment.

Amy said...

OOOHHHHHH!!! Please give her a big hug from Ian and I! She is a hoot and congrats to her for living so long. She is going to outlive Dave!
Lovin' that cake too! Great job.

barb said...

i would love to take credit for the cake, howevere, this one is marge's handiwork. i just thought it was cute- she put some little figurines in it. i should have gotten a closer up shot. it had a rake and shovels, an old car, and old tractor, shoes, and a typewritier. very creative.

andi said...

That's quite an accomplishment! (Blast from the past, cousin Jonny! I always thought he was funny in high school.) Also, if those balloons are still stuck in the tree tomorrow, you won't have to decorate for Jen's baby absh, huh? Conveeeeeenient!