Is that a goose egg on your head or are you just happy to see me?

Sunday, January 21, 2007

I was surprised this week when we had an unexpected (albeit) inch of snow! I was working, looked out the window and noticed fluffy white stuff falling from the sky. It was enough to lead to an impromptu snowball fight with the ER doc before our shift was over- which is really saying something for Texas. Dave was excited to play in it after I got home. I had to go inside after a few minutes though, because my feet were freezing. I guess I've gotten soft.

This was probably the most actual frozen precipitation I've ever seen in Texas, and undoubtedly the most snow. Maybe now you all understand why (at one point) I didn't realize that snow would make you wet when you played in it. It also might explain why I wore leather shoes and jeans on my first sledding excursion at Snowbird with Andi. My pre-BYU world travels only went as far west as Abilene TX, and as far east as Baton Rouge LA. It's not just because I'm blonde, folks.

melted/ refrozen snow + plastic sleds and tire inner tubes = not a good combo.




















































9 people are wicked awesome. to Is that a goose egg on your head or are you just happy to see me?:

Taylor and Aleni said...

I am so glad to know that I am not the only other person who has had incorrect, preconceived notions of what "snow" is. Utah has had a lot of snow lately and I just recently found out that real "snow" is not something you can shape into a snowball because it just falls apart. It's like sand. You can't make snowmen or snowballs out of it. I was very dissapointed.

Beth said...

Ok, it cracks me up that your husband did a snow angel and the grass shows. I'm thinking it's not quite enough snow for those angels. :)

Bone Junior said...

My favorite is the live action still of Dave drooling. Perfection.

andi said...

Ahh the Snowbird excursion. I thought we were both going to lose our lives by way on innertube. Especially when I went head first into the lodge railroad ties and couldn't remember who I was for about 5 minutes.

I also love the snow angel in the grass- and Dave's cold-weather outfit. Precious.

barb said...

yes- i thought you might like the droolcicle. and andi- the goose egg title was for you and your concussed self (in case you didn't guess it).

that wasn't the last of your BYU injuries was it? i think you should make a post on frank's birthday.

barb said...

also- aleni- do you have a blog now?? if so send me the link please!??!

li'l mil said...

aleni, just to ease your disappointment, it's only UTAH snow that doesn't make snowballs. it's too dry. come on out to PA for some WET snow that will go so far as to freeze into an iceball before it hits its target :) talk about exhillirating!

also, babs, every time it snows i remember coming back into helaman halls and your "i didn't know snow would make you all wet!" comment. that's the #2 reason i loveth you. (#1 is the googly-armed running straight towards you..."taTAtaTAtaTA!")(or maybe the white cootie robe/green face mask/curlers in the hair in front of our mirror in the mornings at the colony)

barb said...

i got a new olive purifying mask that i tried the other day. i think you would like it.

Amy said...

I was just waiting for you to blog about the snow because I knew you would take fun pictures! Glad you had fun while it lasted. I can send you some more if you would like!