Happy Papa's Day, Mike!

Sunday, June 18, 2006


I couldn't sleep today until I took a moment to shout to the interweb about what a fabulous daddy Mike is! I completely LUCKED OUT with a guy like him. He is such and awesome dad and supportive, sweet husband. I wanted to post the lyrics to a little song that Mike used to sing to Dave when he was first born. It is one of my favorites. I wish you could all hear Mike sing it, but he doesn't like singing alone- so that my never happen (even though he is an amazing singer...). The typed out version will have to suffice. Happy Poppie's to all the papas out there! And to Mike-- Love you Hunee!

A sleepin' bee
When a bee lies sleepin' in the palm of your hand
You're bewitched and deep-in love's long looked after land
where you'll see a sun-up sky with a mornin' new
And where days go laughin' by and love comes a callin' on you.
Sleep on bee, don't waken- can't believe what has passed.
He is mine for the takin'- I'm so happy at last.
Maybe I dream, but he seems sweet golden as a crown,
A sleepin' bee done told me I'll be walkin' with my feet off the ground
When my one true love I have found.


2 people are wicked awesome. to Happy Papa's Day, Mike!:

stupidramblings said...

Doesn't the sleeping bee song have a line like "...And I done murdered that dear little girl..." in it? I coulda swore MG would be singing it when his kids were ready...

barb said...

i think you have mike confused for parker posey- which is understandable. he does remind one of a skinny white chick...