Weird

Tuesday, June 13, 2006













A strange phenomenon occured last night. I was the triage nurse (cue quote from Meet the Parents...
daughter: Mom, Greg is in triage.
Mom: Oh- is that better than being a nurse?).
During some downtime I was sitting at the nurses desk, inculpably minding my own buisness- deep in thought- reading perhaps, when I got up to use the restroom. I combed my hair and made sure there weren't carrot shards stuck in my teeth, when lo and behold... what did I notice on my chin but the above pictured srawberry hickey mark! This occurance was not unlike one that happened approximately 15 years previously. I was the dorky cousin, and I was hanging out with my cooler older cousins. One of them (I won't incriminate any of them) said "Hey Barbie, let me show you a cool trick." She cupped her tricky little hand around my chin until the desired effect had been reached. Then, voila- the results resembled a certain mark that appeared on my chin yester eve. I wondered to myself if anyone else has ever had this experience of easily bruising chins... or if I am the only one with this rare chin hickey disorder.

7 people are wicked awesome. to Weird:

andi said...

One of those patients pulled a fast one on you! Treated David Blaine lately?

stupidramblings said...

Maybe you caught a spore of some kind...

Amy said...

Maybe you should see a nurse about this disease!!!

Liz said...

Sorry, Barbie, but I think you are one of the chosen few with the rare chin hickey disorder. You're a phenomenon!

Brit said...

I get chin hickeys from Ethan sucking on my chin. Has Dave been around your chin lately?

barb said...

i thought that at first, but the timeline was all wrong.

barb said...

i'm gonna go with the "spore" idea.