Finally- I can post again. I've tried to post a few times this weekend and something has been wrong with my cookies. Not sure if they were oreo or chocolate chip... ok- I am a huge nerd. probably nerdier than anyone I know (I think knowing all the lyrics to Karma Chameleon proves my point, eh Tolmans?).Anyway! I have to post with all exclamation points now! Because the fruition of my and Mike's bet has come to pass! We got our tickets to Italy! In October! A blessed two (2) weeks: half a month in Italy! Hooray!
The bet consisted of this: (setting: pre-world cup)
Barb: Can we PLLLEEEAAASE go to Italy for our 5 year anniversary?
Mike: Shouldn't we save the money we would spend on that for our house payment?? (he's so practical! ugh!)
Barb: But we're probably gonna have more kids and you're going to school and we're gonna get a house and we'll never go! (completely whining at this point)
Mike: Ok- we'll make a deal- if Italy wins the world cup- we'll go.
Barb: If the US wins the world cup- can we still go?
Mike: Don't push your luck.
Barb: Germany? France? Brazil??
Mike: (cold stare)
Barb: Deal!
Little did I know, all that groveling at the end was unnecessary. So I am a little late in rejoicing the winners of the world cup. Honestly, I didn't give two (2) hoots who won the world cup until it meant I got to go to Italy! Hoorah! Thank you I-talian soccer team- whatever your name is. I love you. Oh and you too hunee:) Thanks for always indulging me.
photo compliments of CNN



4 people are wicked awesome. to forza italia:
They're called the Azzuri or Azuri or maybe it's azzurri or Azurri. I've never seen it written down. I'd ask you to bring me back some chocolate and send it to me, but by the time you lug it home, put a stamp on it, and set it in your BIG-OL' Texas mailbox to melt, it'll be dead to me.
Congrats! I am envious--except it's not I-taly I want to visit, but war-torn Czech Republic or maybe even Myanmar...
Italy! So fun! Take me with you!
sure. you can stow away in my luggage! you're so little you could probably fit in my carry-on. ethan can't come though- too wiggly.
czech republic is beautiful i've heard... it looked cool in mission impossible too.
Yeah!! I am so so glad! When are you going? Yeah for team Italia~
Post a Comment