Mad, but still blogging

Tuesday, July 04, 2006
Lucy, I'm hoooommme! Happy fourth of the ly everyone. I hope you are all having fun and eating watermelon and stuff. I on the other hand am sulky and pouting because 1) my camera with all the fun pictures from vacation is still in Washington 2) I missed andi's birthday (even though I did the pre-birthday call). How can I make it up to you Andi, dear? I think i have an idea...hmmm... 3) I have to watch fireworks from the ambulance bay tonight- not only that but I also have to return to the the ol' room of emergency tomorrow night. I just know on one of the two nights I'm going to have to hold an appendage which is no longer attatched to a body. Only this time it won't be serrated- it will be blown off. 4) My hunee and my baby are still in the big WA. And I'm happy they get to spend time with family. I guess I am just suffering froma little self induced jealousy, so just tell me to shut up and stop whining, already.

Really though- it has been nice to be childless for a couple of days. I actually finished 200 pages of an entire book (that is notable when you have an almost one year old) and I ate my traditional Blue Burrito fajita burrito at the Pheonix airport (complete with nose running hot sauce) in complete peace. Complete peace is fun for one day, but I think it would get old after three. I was thinking the other night... David's due date was July 6th last year and by the fourth I was doing anything I could think of (short of cutting him out myself) to get him out. We went to our neighborhood Independence day party and I wiggled so much people probably thought I was epileptic. The party was awesome, and the best part of all: Rocket Girl! The hired entertainment for the party was a girl in a fireproof suit, riding up and down the street with a box of lit roman candles on her back and sparklers on her wrists. Why I didn't take any pictures of rocket girl I'll never know. This fourth of July literally can't hold a candle to Rocket Girl. Anyway folks, have a good 'un. Pictures and video of the fun at the lakes to come shortly.

3 people are wicked awesome. to Mad, but still blogging:

Liz said...

Oh no! Barbie, I totally feel for you. How sad to have to work on the 4th- AND while your man and kiddo are still on vacation! I swear that's the worst thing about stinking nursing. I felt like I was missing out on everything because..."Shoot! I have to work!" Last year I watched the fireworks with about 6 other nurses crammed in a little room next to a poor old lady with dementia who didn't have a clue what was going on. I hope the time goes by fast until your fam gets home, and I hope something (anything) fun happens to brighten up your fourth of July. Can't wait to see photos of the vacation!

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brit said...

Man, oh Man! I'm so sad for you! It's always so hard to come back from vacation! I hate getting back home to find no milke in the fridge, laundry piled to the hilt, and no more free time. Boo for vacation being over! Well, I hope you had tons of fun and I can't wait to see some fun video.