Mariachi

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Why do I always unthinkingly stop on spanish radio stations when I am scrolling through the radio whilst driving?

Maybe I subconciously like accordian music.
This befuddles me.

4 people are wicked awesome. to Mariachi:

stupidramblings said...

The Polka can be very envigorating...

andi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
andi said...

I am convinced they're taking over! I do the same. Last week whilst I was driving home, I clicked on 93.7, a hip-hop/rap station programmed in my car. They were playing the song "Mexican Radio" when I was about 1/2 way home on I35. Then 25 minutes later I stopped to get gas by my house. I clicked on 93.7 again. The same song was STILL on. I thought they had an extended track or something...then when I got home and parked my car, it was STILL on. I thought the DJ at the station must have been stuck in the bathroom with diarrhea or something and hit the loop button.

The next day on the way to school, I was station flipping and clicked the same station. All I heard was Tejano garble that I didn't understand. And what is that instrument they use?? Acordian? Horn? The one that follows the (speaking of Polka) polka beat Anyway, it wasn't until about 3 hours later that it FINALLY dawned on me why "Mexican Radio" played non-stop the rest of the night...a proper send off to the rap, I suppose.

I'm with you, B. True. True.

Marcus J. said...

This is a mystery man has not found the anwers to yet...this and "Why do I always stop on Jackass when I'm watching TV?"