A shocking new discovery.

Friday, July 21, 2006
I just realized that I weigh less today standing on a scale holding my one year old than I did 9 months pregnant with my 9lb fetus. Sad, isn't it?

7 people are wicked awesome. to A shocking new discovery.:

Brit said...

That's not sad!!! That's an awesome discovery! You lucky dog! What's your secret?!

barb said...

well it's just that i got fat when i was pregnant. i'm just normal again- see.

Liz said...

Okay, that is really hilarious! Reminds me of the day after Emeline was born and I asked the people at the hospital if they had a scale I could use- I was just curious. So the day after having an 8 pound baby (and losing the placenta, blood, and who knows what else with it), how much had I lost? TWO POUNDS! I was shocked. Never ask for a scale right after you have a baby! It's just depressing! On the other hand- finding out that you are so much lighter? Awesome!!

barb said...

ok. i give up. maybe it's not sad. but i wasn't just bragging- i swear. i was really suprised that i could be lighter holding a 25 pound kid than i was when the self same kid was not even born yet...

andi said...

Not sad at all- I hope to accomplish the same feat whenever I have a kid. I doubt it though, since weight likes me like white on rice.

Beth said...

Ok, bragger.. (j/k) What's sad is when you weigh the SAME now as you did when you were nine months pregnant and you stand on the scale without said baby. THAT, my dear, is sad. Won't name any names...

Chaunte' said...

hi barb,
hope everything is well with the family. could you please ask mike to call howard on wednesday. it's his birthday and he called me to ask mike to call him. he says he's not doing anything special but would really like to hear from mike. thanks
aretha