choo choo!

Sunday, August 27, 2006











Dave and I met up with some of our friends to ride the train by the Ft. Worth Zoo this week. Meg and James Grierson were in town from Spanish Fork (prounced Faaark) Utah. They really enjoyed the heat... .. ......(crickets chirping). Anyway- here are some pictures of our train ride. We sat in the front car right by the engineer because the train was more or less empty (I can't imagine why... .. .........). The train whistle scared Morgan, and the only way to console her was for me to whistle like the train whistle every time it, well, whistled. It may have been 105 degrees outside but that girl was glued to my side when that train whistle went off. It was cute! and hot!












James- lovin this Texas heat! Leah doesn't seem to mind though. In fact- I think she kind of likes it.












Dave- looking quite parched.











That Cameron, what a ham!











Mullet allert












Do I look sweaty- or just glisteny?












The kids... well... you can see the outcome of our day.

5 people are wicked awesome. to choo choo!:

stupidramblings said...

I haven't seen M&J G for a while tell them hi for me.

As far as the zoo goes, I have never been to a zoo in hot weather (I was going to say 'in heat' but as you can see, that would have been a poor choice of verbage). I always end up at the zoo when it's cold, and I never have a jacket with me, because I usually go on days when it's not supposed to be cold.

So, what's it like?

andi said...

J and M look SO happy to be there! Who doesn't love Texas in August??

I love the pic of Dave asleep- I think he looks like Mike's dad in that picture.

Anonymous said...

The Zoo train rocked when I was a kid....I don't know how "cool" it would be now. How did you get so lucky to have that little handsome seemingly well-behaved man belong to you? Happy August weather.
Anna

barb said...

although it was not the least bit cool on the train- it most definitely was still "cool". maybe cooler because as an adult you notice things like misspelled graffiti on the walls, homeless people sleeping on park benches, and don't forget mullets. those are all funny and "cool" things you can see riding that train as an adult.

oh and PS- never go to the zoo 'in heat'. it is a dangerous thing.

Anonymous said...

Wow...Meg looks so happy! I have not seen her in forever. Tell her hi for me. Gotta love that train...cheap fun for kids...when their skin is not melting on the wood seat.

Dustin