Who needs sleep? (well you're never gonna get it)

Thursday, August 24, 2006












I never thought I would own one, but I got this little sleep mask because I wasn't sleeping well during my last 3 day stint at work. I wore it one day and realized maybe I'm having trouble sleeping because it's just a tad bit weird to one's body to be awake all night and sleep all day. It's just not what God intended. I think we should go back to having doctors who make house calls when people are having babies or are really sick in the middle of the night (Mike says all you need to birth a baby are hot water and clean towels!!). Then the ER might not be so much like an all night clinic... but I digress.
I woke up with the mask laying in a nice little pile beside my pillow (read not attatched to my head). So maybe it didn't do a whole lot of good, but as you can see Dave had fun playing with it.























Gotta love those long, lanky legs- spread eagle on the black chair. Very debonair.

4 people are wicked awesome. to Who needs sleep? (well you're never gonna get it):

barb said...

I just thought of something though. If we went back to doctors making house calls only- I would be out of a job. Strike that!

Liz said...

I never tried one of those eye cover thingies. Sorry it's not working for you- but I'm glad it's a fun toy! My favorite picture is the middle one of Dave- he is so so cute! (And he is getting tall!!)

Brit said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brit said...

I had one of those things when I worked nights! I actually really liked it. It had velcro on the back so I could tighten it to my head. I think it helped me sleep quite well, but that was BC (before children).