Don't hate me because I'm beta-ful.

Monday, November 06, 2006
I feel victimized, discriminated against, left out... and any other dejected, despondent feeling people get when things don't go their way. I'll admit it- I succumbed to the pressure. I switched to the new Blogger Beta after I saw all the fancy pants stuff it can do. But sometimes I feel left out of the reg'lar-ol-bloggers-club. Here's why: When I go on to a reg'lar-ol-blog to make a comment on something funny or witty a reg'lar-ol'-blogger said, sometimes my fingers get the best of me. The days of AOL instant messenger- type at the speed of light- come flooding back. I type my little musing- only to realize that I have to click on a link that takes me to a whole different screen to log in. Being the computer savvy child of the big-floppy-disk-requiring-Apple-Computer-lab-in-my-elementary-school-90s that I am, I save my work by right clicking and copying my message. Then I click on the link to log in. This is where all control is taken out of my hands and I am left to the mercy of the ever hateful and moody computer gods. Will my page load or not? Do I have to start all over again at my blog, click to the link to your best buddy's link on my blog to click on your link from their blog?? My head hurts just thinking about it. By then I'm too tired to click my mouse and paste anything. I just want to go to bed.

Go ahead. Ask me how hard it is for the reg'lar-ol'-bloggers to comment on my blog. Well, with the little window that allows you to use your Google/Blogger sign on- I'll tell ya- it's not hard at all. Is it too much to ask for a little peace and equality in this world?

By the way, don't forget to vote tomorrow. (Griping and bellyaching: check. Good citizen reminder for the day: check, check.)

7 people are wicked awesome. to Don't hate me because I'm beta-ful.:

em said...

the only bug i see when i try to leave you a comment is that i get a pop up about secure and nonsecure items on this page, and i have to click yes. DOWN WITH THE BETA! :)

barb said...

would you like some beta eggs and ham?

i do not like them babs i am.

would you like them on a plane, a train, with a fox in a box??

i do not like them with a fox. i do not like them in a box. i do not like beta eggs and ham- i do not like them babs i am.

....

just goes to show you're afraid to try new things bone sr.

andi said...

I seem to have no problems with the Beta. I once killed a Beta...fish. He lasted 2 weeks, and then got flushed down the toiley.

andi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bone Junior said...

One time, I had a beta fish who faked his own death in an obvious suicide attempt, because when I dumped him in the toilet, he came back to life...really. The cold water musta shocked some sense into him. He went on to live another fruitful month.

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

Most attempted suicides are really cries for help. I hope you got your fish the counseling he needed before he passed away and went to that big aquarium in the sky

The Rules said...

I hate the double log in too, Babs. But being the computer ninja I've been told I am, I am currently working on a solution to all your Beta problems.

As for BETTAS (the fish, two Ts), I was walking past the Cannon Center one day (crazy flashback), and there was a crowd gathered, cheering. As I got closer, I saw that some guys had put two bettas in the same bowl, and they were playing "Eye of the Tiger" on a boombox. It was so wrong, yet so funny.