Samuel Gets His Shrine On.

Thursday, November 16, 2006
The most exciting part of the circus, I must say, was Samuel. He made quite the debut in the three rings. The most interesting thing about hanging out with Samuel is that, no matter where you go, everyone notices him. People who normally would pay you no mind are coming up wanting to know "What's that head all about?" He's magnetic. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bone Junior- your boy is destined for fame.

I have been trying to think of fun things to do with Samuel since I promised my friend Marcus T. that I wouldn't release him until after the BYU football season. Seeing how the Cougs have been on a winning streak since that fateful TCU game, and are now ranked 21st in one of the polls- I think he has become something of a good luck charm. He'll be hanging around 'til after the bowl game in December or January.

This guy wanted to scalp Samuel and use his hair for a toupee.

Me and Samuel posing for a clown button.
I will post a pic of me wearing said button in a later post.

Samuel was on the edge of his seat during the high wire act.
If he had finger nails he would have been biting them.





Those are some funny looking smelling salts.... Hey!!
What are you guys doing??
"Thumbs up" from some fans of the pachyderm persuasion.
This is Marty, the guy who got us the gig and incidentally let Samuel wear his fez.
Thanks Marty!!

My cousin Jacqui, and Samuel with some guys in fezzes.
They all got along splendidly.

Samuel modeling a jester hat at the souvenir stand.
Fetching, isn't he?















And last but not least, Samuel exhibiting some quadraplegic acrobatics with some butterfly wings the rope dancing acrobats use.

8 people are wicked awesome. to Samuel Gets His Shrine On.:

Erin said...

I have no idea what Samuel's history is, where he came from, why he lives with you, but I am completely engrossed in his life and thoroughly enjoy seeing his crazy antics.

andi said...

You really should have had him sing the national anthem with you. After all, there's nothing that says "America" like a manequin head with bad hair.

Bone Junior said...

Bad hair, Andi Mae? What's so bad about an asymetrical mullet?? It shows off his perfect bone structure.
Babs - you done a momma proud.

Marcus J. said...

I really wasn't wholly serious when I said you should keep him, but I'm glad you did. It seems to be workin'!

barb said...

nice shameless plug for your blog and the cougs, though, eh?

Amy said...

Samuel is rubbing elbows with the big wigs...wait...he doesn't have any! I think he needs an agent!

Kristi said...

Wow the circus looks like you had so much fun.

Erin said...

I think I might have peed myself a little...i wish the clowns would have made him part of their act...or did they? I am a little confused in that one