Some fun with Mana and Pata

Thursday, November 30, 2006
Mike's parents braved hours of layovers, crappy airport food, and sleeping in a foreign bed, just to be with us this Thanksgiving. Grandma and Grandpa were dubbed "Mana and Pata" within just a few hours of their arrival (I won't say by whom). The first few pictures are from our tour of the fabulous conservatory at the Botanic Garden which preceded our dinner of fried pickles. (Nothing says welcome like a vat full of fried pickles). The last few pictures are from our trip to (as "Pata" so accurately called it) Big D-little-A-double-L-A-S (I only knew that from an Erykah Badu song- so I doubt we got it from the same place...), where we visited the Dallas Temple and went looking for a Christmas store at the Galleria (they don't have one, by the way). We had a great time, guys. Hope we didn't wear you out... or scare you...






Nothing better than a slobbery, open-mouthed goodbye kiss. Love ya and see ya in one month.

1 people are wicked awesome. to Some fun with Mana and Pata:

g said...

Dave looks so much older all of a sudden!

Also Big D little A double L-A-S is in a musical called The Most Happy Fella- which is possible that's where Pata got it? Who knows- but now that song is stuck in my heeeed. Big D little A double L-A, Big D little A double L-A, Big D little A double L-A-S!!!!!!!!!!! Whew that took a long time to type. I wish you could hear the tune that goes along with it cause typing just doesn't do it justice. Maybe I'll video tape myself shuffling off to Buffalo whilst singing it.