I think our bathroom is cursed. Here's why:
1. My sister in law, Jen, is great with child. Thus I felt the need to help her out the other day by giving my neice a bath with Dave. I remember what it was like scrubbing out the bath tub with a bowling ball in my belly- and I can't imagine scrubbing down a slippery 2 year old would be much prettier. The only problem is, when the two kids bathe together the floor tends to become a little, shall we say, slickery (for obvious reasons). I was hosing the kids off, just getting ready to get them out, when all of a sudden I slipped. Not unlike a grandma. I landed only on my left knee cap, which shattered into a million peices inside and cried (the knee cap) like a little girl. The beauty part is that while my body came crashing down on my one knee cap I somehow managed to spray myself in the face with the shower head. My bangs were hanging down in drippy strings in front of my face and my left eye looked not unlike Alice Cooper. Cute.
2. Three nights later, I was preparing Dave for his bath. There was some type of explosion in his diaper so I took it off, cleaned him and told him to "Run like a maniac" to the bathroom. He ran off yelling "iac, iac, iac!". I scrambled to grab his towel and meet him in the bathroom. Just as I opened the door to the bathroom I heard his little body slip and saw him face plant onto the ground. I reached down to pick him up and stepped in something yellow and warm (which, I assume is what he slipped in). As he bawled I noticed some warm red stuff smeared on my shirt and smudged on my jeans. Luckily I have seen my share of blood, or I might have passed out because his mouth was full of blood. I tried to hold pressure, and by that I mean just soak up the blood so I could see what was actually bleeding. Lo and behold the poor little guy had bitten through the back of his lip and up through the top. Thankfully the bleeding stopped quickly and the lip appears to be healing well. And no, I am not the kind of sadistic mother that would take a picture of the injured lip to put on my blog. I don't care what you say about that video of Dave rolling down stairs. Or the picture of his bruised noggin.
I hope none of you were eating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 people are wicked awesome. to Not unlike a Grandma:
Owwwwch! For both of you! Well, if you're not going to post Dave's lip, how 'bout a picture of that knee? That SOOOOOO sounds like something I would do.
I am soooo sorry! That sounds aweful! I hope all is better now and that someone kissed your booboo better. Because I know that Dave was treated with kisses as well.
*I love the picture of the three of you...obviously taken before the disasters!
that's not jen gilchrist is it?????
umm- no, but i know jen gilchrist. who's asking??
I'm sorry I'm such a bad comment person lately, I really do read your blog whenever you have something new, I just don't comment as often, sorry sorry....anyway...I was seriously loving your explanation of your bathroom experience. One day I chased Ethan to get him to the tub and he slipped on his pee and landed spread eagle on the floor and then wanted me to hold him...not half as bad as your story, but still funny.
I cannot believe that happened! I think your bathroom definitely is cursed...its obvious there is an angry ghost in there just jumping at the opportunity to get you. In fact I bet it was the ghost who made the kids get the floor extra slickery right in that spot where you slipped, and then peed on the floor right before dave ran into the bathroom so he would slip! I would call that british lady who talks to ghosts and see if she can't figure out this ghost's beef.
Post a Comment