Ten things I love about the Texas State Fair (what's not to love?)

Saturday, October 20, 2007
1. Unlimited scarfing of the food- fried and otherwise (but mostly fried).

Striking family resemblance- no?
2. A huge hand carved sculpture made entirely of... you guessed it... butter.
3. Elsie the Borden cow and her baby. Also in this category- the smell of cow poop mingled with the smell of boiling lard used for frying millions of corn dogs and other assorted fried stuff.
4. Two words: Pig Races.
5. Free Lonestar concert... well... for the price of admission, but you know what I mean.6. Getting in line multiple times for free ice cream "samples" (a free soft serve cone).
7. The ostrich that tried to kill Dave- and the sound of the other child who also suffered an ostrich abrasion to the hand begging her dad to "Go and KILL THAT OSTRICH!". Only in Texas, folks.
8. Fletcher's cheesy jalapeno corny dogs. The best in the world. No disputations please.
9. Big Tex- who incidentally creeped Dave out. Wonder why?
10.


4 people are wicked awesome. to Ten things I love about the Texas State Fair (what's not to love?):

barb said...

wow. i look really scary in that first picture. hmmm...

AK said...

My personal favorite is the butter sculpture. I look for it every year. And a corndog. And pineapple softserve ice cream. And cotton candy. And something fried that I've never had before. Wow. I miss the state fair...

andi said...

Pray tell, did you eat the fried cookie dough? Something about that sounds tempting. In a very state fair kind of way.

barb said...

i did, in fact, eat the fried cookie dough. you weren't missing anything. it was gross. you were, on the other hand, missing something by not eating a cheesy jalepeno corn dog. little bit o heaven right there.