I delivered a baby with 3 other nurses in the ER last night. It was my first ER delivery. I was told I earned my stripes.I cried all the way home listening to Spanish radio and The Rolling Stones' Honky Tonk Blues.
Going to bed now.
Photo from SUU
it's what's for dinner.
I delivered a baby with 3 other nurses in the ER last night. It was my first ER delivery. I was told I earned my stripes.
5 people are wicked awesome. to True stories of the ER 3: Precipitous Delivery:
Why do all newborns look like Bruce Willis?
Is THAT what I have to look forward to? Sheesh, I would hope my wife Limpy's beautiful genes would help the kid come out looking a little better than your photo.
Wait...check that...nevermind, I'm told all babies look like that when they come out. It's a wonder we don't all look like Estelle Getty and Edward James Olmos coming from THAT...
Yuck! You rock.
I just went to see the family tonight. It was really cool. I took a little package of all pink stuff (it was a girl!), plus a toblerone for the mama (cause who doesn't want chocolate after pushing a melon out of a grapefruit sized hole). The baby we delivered was much more beautiful than this picture, but still looked decidedly like Bruce Willis:)
I will have to tell the whole story in person to any interested parties, so as not to violate any HIPPA laws or place myself in litigious jeopardy.
P.S. I really did get stuck on Spanish radio on the way home- it made me laugh through the tears.
OH my gosh! That is so cool! I swear, all your stories make me miss nursing so much! Good job- I'll bet that was incredible!
Post a Comment