The state bird of Utah is the seagull.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Hi everyone. I'm not dead. just busy planning the next event. My friend's and cousin's bridal showers are both this week and I am hosting and co-hosting them, respectively. Luckily I am only working tonight this week and taking the rest of the week off for mental health, sanity and party planning.

Anywho- Salt Lake was a blast. The weather was perfect for most of our days and perfectly not-so-perfect our last couple. I learned a ton and the conference was surprisingly inspiring. It was at the Salt Palace- a vast building that I have never been into- only seen driving by in downtown Salt Lake. We ate some awesome food including (but not limited to) Red Rock's chicken schnitzel, Vienna Bistro's apple strudel, Market Street Grill's amazing seafood, Cafe Molise's excellent roasted salmon and eggs benedict on an english muffin for brunch, and of course my favorite The Pie Pizzeria's famous pizza pie. If you live in or are visiting the area you should visit any or all of these fine establishments. They made me want to quit my job and start cooking for a living.

I went on a fabulous night run through downtown with my little brother Jacob (a dream I've had since pondering those city lights from the 5th floor of LDS hospital a few years ago). We got to see snow- and check out Park City. The cherry on top of everything was seeing The Mo-Tab at the tabernacle for Music and The Spoken Word a few hours before departing.

My travels are over for a while, though, and I am looking forward to spending some time at home and hanging out with the guys. Enjoy the pictures!

Earrrigating- the fake plastic ear at the vendors expo, where they vend the latest and greatest in medical supplies. I also got a chair massage courtesy of Hill-Rom... sweet.

Park City and me riding the luge... 'cept you can't see the luge... hmph!
Snow in the hills above our hotel room.
God be with You Til We Meet Again- per Mormon Tabernacle Chior. I'll be honest- I barely held it together.


Pie. and more Pie.The Ensign Peak self taken group photo shoot.
From Ensign Peak (not New Era or The Friend Peak...).

3 people are wicked awesome. to The state bird of Utah is the seagull.:

Amy said...

It looks like you enjoyed yourself!!! We are so happy to have shared snow with you...you should have packed some in your bag and brought it back for Dave!

andi said...

This almost brings a tear to my eye- I'm glad you got to visit and see good friends, and most of all, write on the Pie "furniture" without being scolded by the owner with a VERY long ponytail and tatoos. Bravo. P.S. I miss you!

Erin said...

andi, i totally thought of that while she was writing on the pie furniture. it was so fun to see you barb!. i wish we still lived by eachother, and I like our group pic on the ensign peak, not the new era peak or the friend peak though.